• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTS: A bunch of old stuff: Cards, Drives, Chips, Disney Sound Source

wrex

I had another thread open and was just going to add to it, but I'm an idiot and can't seem to find the edit button the forum anymore.

I have no idea on prices as ebay has too much conflicting information. I don't know if any of this stuff works. I've been cleaning out my grandfather's house and will probably find more stuff soon.

I'll take any reasonable offer and I usually ship fedex, but can do FTF if near SF bay area.

Adapter/Contoller
Buslogic – BT-440c/445c
Everex - EV-348 ESDI Controller
Everex – EV-8120A IDE Controller
2 Everex – EV-833 SCSI Tape Controller with cable
Flexport – Flexport 4s Serial Board w cables
IBM – TMC-850IBM SCSI Adapter
Tyan - S1365 SCSI-3 Adapter Board

Chips
AMD - Am5x86-P75 75Mhz Processor AMD X5-133ADW
Intel – i486 DX SPF
Intel – i486 DX 2
Intel – 487 SX Chip Removal Kit

Drives
Conner – CFS420A 420mb HDD
Kalok – KL320 20mb Octagon Disk Drive
Seagate - ST1239A 211mb HDD
Seagate – ST3550N 500mb SCSI SPF
Teac – SD-3105 105mb HDD
Fujitsu – M2553K 5.25 inch Floppy

Main Board
Unknown – ISA-486 Main Board with manual - SPF

Modems
Diamond – ISDN Netcommander Modem
CIS Technology – M1-5614PM3 Modem
Practical Peripherals – PM14400FX V.32bis Modem

Software
WingCommander III Sealed NIB
Writing Tools Group – Correct Grammar for Windows with box and manual

Sound
Disney – The Sound Scource External Soundcard

Video
Diamond- Speedstar 64 ISA Video Card - SPF
Everex - EV634 Video Card with Software
MachSpeed – 9352 ISA Video card
SPEA – Crunch It Rev 12A01 Video Input Card with software

Formerly unknown now known thanks to Chuck:

DTC5150SH MFM hard disk controller for the PC or XT
Colorado Jumbo (250MB) floppy-tape unit

Unknown but pictured

DSCN1030.jpg

DSCN1027.jpg

If I can manage to find the edit button I will update as I go through finding more stuff.
I have pretty good feedback on heat and hardocp, but am new here.

My heatware is Wolfeborne
My ebay is gddy2shoes

Thanks

Alex

Last edited:
Wow, you still have a Kalok/Octagon drive and it still works? :shock:

That IBM TMC-850IBM SCSI controller is really a Future Domain part. I don't know how the "IBM" suffix version differs from a standard TMC-850, but that's a SCSI controller that some PC XT owners would be interested in.

The card pictured after the 486 motherboard is a DTC5150SH MFM hard disk controller for the PC or XT. This is not a DTC model that I'm familiar with, so it may be an OEM special. The BIOS ROM looks to be non-original also.

The Buslogic BT-440 is a VLB SCSI controller. Might be of some interest to the 486 clan.

The tape drive looks to be a Colorado Jumbo (250MB) floppy-tape unit. Doesn't have Colorado's logo on it, but looks the same otherwise.

You're not an idiot, the forum doesn't allow you to edit a post over 48 hours old so you're exactly in the right spot now :) Chuck, I don't think he's tested the devices so while he has them it's probably up to the buyer to test unless he's feeling spunky.

I'm pretty sure in a day or two I can vouch for him as a seller too.

- John

If I can find my old packard bell I could probably test some of this stuff. If there is someone within traveling distance of San Jose willing to test stuff for me I'd gladly make a trip and buy donuts. Thanks for the information about the items and letting me know about the forum edit thing. Should I just post new stuff in a reply then as to keep the forum clean?

It's really weird the stuff I'm finding. First a Tamiya Frog from 1983, then some Star Trek Chess Set and now old HP Agilent Tester accessories. I'm keeping the frog.

DSCN1033.jpg

Last edited:
That IBM TMC-850IBM SCSI controller is really a Future Domain part. I don't know how the "IBM" suffix version differs from a standard TMC-850, but that's a SCSI controller that some PC XT owners would be interested in.

The IBM suffix means that it will only work in PS/2s with ISA slots, due to a custom IBM BIOS in the ROM. You can just burn a new ROM with the generic Future Domain BIOS though...I've done that with two or three IBM-only cards. There should be a link to the BIOS image somewhere on the forums.

Just to be fair I'll give him a bump in this thread since this is where I made the comment. I received my equipment fine so all's good IMO he's a trustworthy seller. :)
- John

Found new old stuff and decided to post everything left in a consolidated post.

Adapter/Contoller

Adaptec AHA-1535A/AI SCSI Adapter
Buslogic – BT-440c/445c
DTC5150SH MFM hard disk controller for the PC or XT
Everex - EV-348 ESDI Controller
Everex – EV-8120A IDE Controller
2 Everex – EV-833 SCSI Tape Controller with cable
Flexport – Flexport 4s Serial Board w cables
IBM – TMC-850IBM SCSI Adapter
Tyan - S1365 SCSI-3 Adapter Board

Chips

AMD - Am5x86-P75 75Mhz Processor AMD X5-133ADW
Intel – i486 DX SPF
Intel – i486 DX 2 SOLD
Intel – 487 SX Chip Removal Kit

Drives

Colorado Jumbo (250MB) floppy-tape unit
Conner – CFS420A 420mb HDD
Conner CP3540 540MB HDD
Kalok – KL320 20mb Octagon Disk Drive
Seagate - ST1239A 211mb HDD
Seagate – ST3550N 500mb SCSI SPF
Seagate ST32140A Medalist 2.1GB Hard Drive
Seagate ST3491A 428MB HDD
Teac – SD-3105 105mb HDD

Everex Model: EIO-00853-00 1.0GB SCSI TAPE DRIVE
Fujitsu – M2553K 5.25 inch Floppy Drive - SPF
Unknown Brand 5.25 inch Floppy Drive

Main Board

386SX-25/33/40 ANE Mother board with AMD 386 CPU
ASUS P/I-P55T2P4 Intel Socket 7 Mother Board with Pentium 100 MHZ CPU
Domino Computers Inc Mother Board MB-4DEIL1N 930305085
Horse Power System Board, 486DX-33 Mhz 256 Cache
Unknown – ISA-486 Main Board with manual - SOLD

Modems

Diamond – ISDN Netcommander Modem
CIS Technology – M1-5614PM3 Modem SPF
Practical Peripherals – PM14400FX V.32bis Modem SPF

Software
WingCommander III Sealed NIB
Writing Tools Group – Correct Grammar for Windows with box and manual

Sound

Creative CT2980 Sound Card 16-BIT With ISA
Creative Sound Machine, Model: CT 1350A
Disney – The Sound Scource External Soundcard

Video
Diamond Fire 1K Pro PCI 8MB
Diamond- Speedstar 64 ISA Video Card - SOLD
Diamond Stealth64-Video Video Pci 2001 Tv Series V:1.03
Everex - EV634 Video Card with Software
MachSpeed – 9352 ISA Video card
Oak Technology Inc., OTIVGA Video Card
Paradise PVGA1A 8Bit Video Card
SPEA – Crunch It Rev 12A01 Video Input Card with software

I paypal'd him for the Sound Source and the IBM – TMC-850IBM SCSI Adapter.

I will provide a review of the transaction once the items arrive for everyone who may be leery of transactions with a new member.

The IBM suffix means that it will only work in PS/2s with ISA slots, due to a custom IBM BIOS in the ROM. You can just burn a new ROM with the generic Future Domain BIOS though...I've done that with two or three IBM-only cards. There should be a link to the BIOS image somewhere on the forums.

I bit on this card for my PS/2 Model 25, The exact family of machines IBM marketed that SCSI card to, I see a SCSI JAZ drive and SCSI CD-ROM in its future ;-)

[I thought I had already posted this, but I guess not... oops.]

I can vouch for the OP as well. Everything was in good shape, the 486 motherboard even appears to be brand new in the box. And the shipment was packed well enough to survive a bomb blast... antistatic bags inside padded envelopes surrounded by urethane foam sheets nestled inside styrofoam peanuts. :thumbs:

Thanks to Barythrin and Old Thrashbarg for the feedback. I am located in San Jose, California and more than willing to deliver anywhere near the bay area. I will try to get a picture up of the sound card tonight.

Guessing the Disney Sound Source is sold? If not I guess send me a pm! :D

Unless hes got two, I claimed it, lol. It sucks having to go re-buy all the stuff I was too stupid to keep when I was younger (who needed a disney sound source when you have a fancy new sound blaster card, right?, DOH!)

Back