• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

can't play Tetris!

LuTELLO

It starts just fine when I hit Enter on AppleWin 1.2 but I can't get past the crack screen when playing the same copy on my II+. Yes, the return key works, I needed it to run ADT! New here/to this, hope this isn't a stupid question.

Your problem could relate to which .dsk image of Tetris for the Apple II you have. When the game was released the front side of the disk had the Apple IIe, c, and GS version on. The back side was the version for the 48k Apple II+.

Dean

Some cracked versions of the games were very specific to which system they would run on. For instance, the well known Karateka crack version by the Racketeers will work on an Apple IIe, but not Apple IIGS. Both will take you to the main title screen, but hitting enter will yield no result on the IIGS.

I just set the emulator to II+ mode and it still worked. I guess the software isn't truly emulating a II+ because it should act the same way.

When you set the emulator to emulate a ][+ did you restart it afterwards? I'm not 100% sure but you might need to restart it to make sure it's emulating a ][+.

Dean

Made sure of that. Weird problem. For now I found a different version that works with no problems.
Apple Tetris (Egon P.)

Back