• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

IBM 5120/5110 Model 3

Hello all, selling my IBM 5120, more info in eBay link. I lurk on the forums here quite a bit so I figure the community here would be interested...

Heavy as sin (I've got one and the paired printer, with manuals)...

Yikes. Kinda high on the starting price, have you seen others sell for that amount? Just friendly advice (and by all means let that auction run its course and maybe I'm wrong) but you might consider a lower starting price and get what you can for the system. The problem is definitely in the shipping costs that the buyer has to add. I'm probably wrong but I think the last one I saw went for something closer to $800.. can't find it though. Are you trying to avoid the reserve fee?

Neat to see the system running though, kudos on that and for advertising that it runs :) I always forget does that system do basic and APL or does it only do one of the two?

It only does BASIC for better or worse. It was used for book keeping at a local dentist office. The bought it new, used it for 5 years then stored it. I'm rather certain that one of the programs it came with was written for the dentist office, and the other is the original accounting software IBM sold with this model.

Back