• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Printers and more...

VintageComputerman

Veteran Member
OK, I have maybe 8 to 10 days before I leave my 4,000 sf warehouse. I took all my computers and other goodies, but I have a lot of vintage printers left. Okedata, HP, IBM, etc. I can't remember them all. I also have a lot of CD drives of various speeds. 3-1/2" floppy dries, zip drives along with cables, fans, etc. I've already taken the motherboards, processors, and other valuable items, imo. Just wondering if I should load a few more things to take home. Anyone interested?

What I leave will be trashed, imo. I have monitors too. VGA 13, 15 to maybe 19". Some say IBM on them. Not the real old ones though. What I have left is like windows 95 to 2000 stuff. Not a lot of apple. Mostly PC.

I'm at the point where I will just dump boxes full of stuff on the floor and pick what I want to save.

Happen to have a duplexer for a HP 4si laser?

Any of those CD drives SCSI?

Out of curiosity was the full 4000 SQFT warehouse full of computer stuff, and if so how much have you taken home compared to left there (was wondering how much was realy worth keeping and how much was just junk). How long have you leased that place?

8" disk drives, at least according to eBay prices, are now gold. 5¼" ones seem to be heading that way. 2.88M 3½" drives are definitely worth hanging on to.

Vintage printers appear to have a low value-to-weight ratio in my experience. You'll get interest in a vintage printer, then balking when the cost of shipping sinks in.

Really good fans (metal frame or name brands such as Rotron, Papst, NMB, Panaflo) have some value above scrap; the rest are pretty much garbage.

Unusual expansion cards (particularly ISA) can often bring a decent return.

I stored antiques and lumber from my years as a home builder/contractor, tools and equipment and other ebay inventory. I had 4 sets of shelves 10' tall with 14' ceilings 4x8' per shelf, loaded full as well as stacks of computers. Maybe ten van loads full of stuff not including my basement back home where it was all stored in a climate controlled environment. I stopped gathering two years ago and it's taken me that long to sell off most of it. Now my basement is full again for the winter selling season.

I don't have anything 8". I'll check the cd and floppie drives. I have some zip drives.

Most of what I am leaving is junk. A lot of monitors which would cost me ten bucks each to get rid of at the county transfer station. What's left of maybe 70 to 90 computers I scrapped and a lot of printers. Some like new, but old and heavy as a sack of cement.

Just thought I'd see if there was anything worth giving away but is looks like I did a good job of taking the good stuff. It's kind of liberating to be unloading everything so I can move south and start over. With a new women too, if i can find the right one this time, lol.

Back