• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wyse PC Keyboard.

DOS lives on!!

Veteran Member
I bought one of these, hoping it would work with an AT keyboard, but the port is too big. Does anyone have a keyboard that would fit it? It's a Wyse WY-1100-1 8088 computer.

Here's a picture of the port.

4B90.jpg

Isn't this one of them?

I know it's a WY-50 terminal keyboard, but it's got me wondering if the people at Wyse weren't simply reusing one of their own stock models.

I haven't seen many WYSEPc in the flesh, but I've seen at least two different keyboards. One looks like the "extended" AT with a separate cursor keypad. Another looks more like the original 5150.

And I think MAI Basic Four OEMed them for things such as POS terminals and used yet another keyboard (renamed it the MAI DS500).

Last edited:
That's the one. 24.99 seems to be a little high. Thank goodness for the "Make Offer" button.

I think they were reusing old stock. Mine is a WY-1100 and several other Wyse PCs I've seen have the same or similar ports.

I have one of the Wyse "extended" AT keyboards of the WY50/350 variety P/N:840059-01 Rev C and this sucker is HEAVY. It would probably cost as much as that one you were looking at just to ship it. It has to have a solid metal deck inside.

Yeah, those old WY50s were gutless wonders--fairly small CRT controller board.

Doesn't surprise me that there would be some ballast in those things.

I am gunna play necromancer here and try to bring this thread back to life.

Quite a while back (sometime in 2013) I bought this Wyse 1100 PC from "DOS Lives on", I still have not yet sourced a working keyboard for it, I bought a WY50 terminal keyboard, and while the plug fits, it does not work with the PC, so it looks like all they reused was the plug.

If anyone has a line on a keyboard that's compatible, it would be fantastic. I am almost to the point of trying to trace the lines back to the keyboard controller IC and see about making some kind of adapter and hoping it speaks "PC/XT" keyboard or something.

Back