• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

help finding home for various old computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ric_barline

Hi. I am new to this forum and have joined specifically to get some help finding a home for various old computers and related stuff. A friend of mine has medical problems and needs to liquidate his collection of old stuff to help pay his bills. He has a garage full of old computers but neither of us know their value or how best to sell them, (I have an eBay store, but this site is probably where I will list them).

Here's a list of what we have come up with so far:

1) Zenith Data Systems LSI-11 (new but missing backplane assembly and boards, but have kits for these below)
2) Heathkit* H-11 (has backplane assembly and 4 PC boards - he says it works)
3) Heathkit ET-100 learning computer (kit form still in box - the box has been trashed but all contents are undisturbed)
4) Heathkit H-10* Paper Tape Reader/Punch (kit form still in box - still sealed except that bottom shipping tape was slit opened)
5) A Heath Main Board assembled and tested (has various QC stamps and labels) P/N 85-2829-1. (Not sure what this goes with)
6) Heathkit H-11-2 Parallel I/O board (unassembled* kit in box)
7) Heathkit H-11-5 Serial Interface Module (unassembled kit in box)
8 ) Zenith Data Systems/Heath microcomputer learning system model ET-3400 (assembled and in original box)
9) Zenith Data Systems Video Display Monitor Model ZVM-123-A-2 (in original box)
10) A spare CRT for Video Display Monitor (Toshiba 310GJB4)
11) Zenith Data Systems Z-150 desktop computer system (boots OK) (two of these).

There is a bunch more stuff like this that we need to dig out. I also saw a huge Winchester drive but it is very heavy so I didn't bring it home. He also has the documentation that goes with this stuff; we need to sort through it all and match it up to the items.

Can someone do us a favor and let us know what we have here? Anything that is worthless or valuable? Thanks for any help, he'll appreciate it.

Last edited:
All your stuff is worth money. Mint in box un-built heathkits sell for big $$$ and never toss out the boxes.

The Heathkit ET-100 learning computer un-built in box would fetch around 300 bucks, possibly 500 if mint with original box.

Thanks all for the replies. Re the last post, I will find out more about the WInchester drive and get back to you.

Where abouts are you and the gear located? Most of it is desirable like the others said, although weight and delicacy can add up the shipping price. Still nice systems and offerings :) If he's really looking for the highest buck (medical bills, unfortunate times) you may still get the best end price off ebay, it's unfortunately not all collectors but has such a huge audience. Best of luck! If you have time to test any of them a picture of the item working makes sales quite a bit easier.

I just looked more carefully on this item and it is a model ET-3400. Looks to be in perfect condition but no documentation. The owner says he is sure he has it and just needs to find it. Thanks all for the great replies.

Hi. I am new to this forum and have joined specifically to get some help finding a home for various old computers and related stuff. A friend of mine has medical problems and needs to liquidate his collection of old stuff to help pay his bills. He has a garage full of old computers but neither of us know their value or how best to sell them, (I have an eBay store, but this site is probably where I will list them).

Here's a list of what we have come up with so far:

1) Zenith Data Systems LSI-11 (new but missing backplane assembly and boards, but have kits for these below)
2) Heathkit* H-11 (has backplane assembly and 4 PC boards - he says it works)
3) Heathkit ET-100 learning computer (kit form still in box - the box has been trashed but all contents are undisturbed)
4) Heathkit H-10* Paper Tape Reader/Punch (kit form still in box - still sealed except that bottom shipping tape was slit opened)
5) A Heath Main Board assembled and tested (has various QC stamps and labels) P/N 85-2829-1. (Not sure what this goes with)
6) Heathkit H-11-2 Parallel I/O board (unassembled* kit in box)
7) Heathkit H-11-5 Serial Interface Module (unassembled kit in box)
8 ) Zenith Data Systems/Heath microcomputer learning system model ET-3400 (assembled and in original box)
9) Zenith Data Systems Video Display Monitor Model ZVM-123-A-2 (in original box)
10) A spare CRT for Video Display Monitor (Toshiba 310GJB4)
11) Zenith Data Systems Z-150 desktop computer system (boots OK) (two of these).

There is a bunch more stuff like this that we need to dig out. I also saw a huge Winchester drive but it is very heavy so I didn't bring it home. He also has the documentation that goes with this stuff; we need to sort through it all and match it up to the items.

Can someone do us a favor and let us know what we have here? Anything that is worthless or valuable? Thanks for any help, he'll appreciate it.
Any chance you still have that spare CRT?

I closed this thread. The OP has not been on here since 2011, so there's no point to re-open the discussion. Post a new thread in the Wanted section if you are looking for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back