• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Vintage Guy from the netherlands..

Robin4

Veteran Member
Let me introduce myself..

Iam Robin and iam 28 years young..

I live in the netherlands. My dad bought the first computer in ~1987. That first computer was an Vendex XT Headstart and monochroom monitor without the miniscribe harddisk..
That day gave me a lot of good memories.. My dad taking a lot of games with him from his work..that colleagues gave him (copys)
I was very happy that i could play new games that i havent seen before..

Later on he bought an new computer. That was an Highscreen 80386 DX 33mhz. That was a nice computer for that time...
Later on he bought an 80486 aswell, an i could have that XT one..
The only con, i wasnt really happy with it, because i needed to change the boot floppy all the time and hated there was no harddisk in it.. (later i throw it away) Yes XT was a nice time, but hated that brand of cheap computer)

My first computer i could buy from new parts was in the pentium II age.
I hadnt money for an pentium II machine in that time. (i could only buy an seagate 4,3GB medalist harddisk and an ATX case, then i hadnt any money left)

When there was a discount on older hardware on the computer shop i bought and Socket 7 motherboard and the fastest Pentium 233mmx processor.. I was very happy that i could buy an system for my own..

Now about a lot more years later i still buy my own computers..

But is very nice to go back in the time and get the same feelings when i was a kid. And older hardware gets RARE with time goes ahead..

I like old computers and old games.. So i starting first to collect some old stuff and going to build my vision of systems that are recommend to play that games on..

What iam going to build?

- An XT machine

- An 80286 machine (games that goes to fast on 80286)

- An speedy 80386 40mhz machine

- Thinking to build an pentium 133 -166 one (dont know for sure because i get to much systems over here)

- An AMD K6 II 300mhz one (to play pentium / first pentium II games)

- An AMD Thunderbird 1400mhz (to play the later pentium II /III games on

- An Windows XP machine ( just to have compatible with xp

- An Windows 7 32-bit machine. (or maybe going to dual boot it with the xp machine)

Welcome :) So you're going to build all those as clones or are you thinking about find a vendor and purchasing some vintage systems with similar specs? Either are good ideas and certainly fun projects. Any games in particular that you remember being your favorite?

Back