• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Old Eprom Programming Unit

Cool thanks. I will probably end up putting all this stuff on ebay here soon except the eproms until I can get with Dabone to download the files. I looked up those tubes but cant find this tube anywhere its called Amperex and the number on top is 18526 the price on them was 66.58 when he bought them so maybe they are good

Lol nice. I figured because I couldnt find anyone selling them they would be either really good or really bad. I hope good!

He is offering 300 for all 20 if I close out the auction I have up! Thats 15 apiece, I only paid 400 for all this stuff so im inclined to take it but after you told me what these were I looked up some of them on google and they run anywhere from 15 to 400 . These however I cant find for sale anywhere .

He is offering 300 for all 20 if I close out the auction I have up! Thats 15 apiece, I only paid 400 for all this stuff so im inclined to take it but after you told me what these were I looked up some of them on google and they run anywhere from 15 to 400 . These however I cant find for sale anywhere .

Given their nature, I'd hold out for more than $300 for the lot. Cover your expenses and counter with $500. Richardson Electronics (the big surplus place where things go to die) supposedly picked up the remaining stock, but I don't see this part being offered in their inventory. You could drop them a line and see if they'll make you an offer.

That sounds like a good idea. I will try that and see what he says. He had me send him pics of all the other stuff and said he would buy it all . If he offers me 15 apiece for the SYM-1 computers I will know he is low balling me on the tubes also lol.

Offhand, I'd say that he's low-balling you. The GM tubes appeal to a specific segment of industry that still uses them. They're not cheap.

I think he's thinking that he'll make a killing.

Yeah , I am starting to think the same thing. I emailed the president of the tubecollectors website and he said he had not heard of this model and didnt really have any information but he said to NOT sell them for 15 apiece under any circumstance until he gets more information.

Sweet. I sent them a request. Atleast the 1st guy was better than the next guy. He offered me 3 dollars apiece lol.

You were right once again Chuck. Those guys loved these tubes and they even knew what the Meseran Surface Analyzer was! One of them works for the nuclear planet in Japan that melted down and said he needs all of these tubes! Apparently since the meltdown no one can find alot of the parts they need for their work over there.

As in most things, the secret to success is research. Know what you have and what it's worth.

I hope you get a very good price for them--and I'm happy that I picked the real gem out of your acquisition.

Good Luck!

Back