• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Hate to sell but need money. TRS-80 Model I complete system

Chromedome45

Veteran Member
100_0485.jpg100_0488.jpg

Ok I need Money so I need to sell one of my prize possesions.

A TRS-80 Model I system. It has the 16k Level II keyboard unit with Lower Case mod installed by me and is switchable.

1 Expansion interface with 32k and an Aercomp Double Density controller.

1 TRS-80 Monitor

2 Radio Shack mini-disk drives. 35 Track Shugart models which handle Double density just fine.

NOTE: picture show 2 test drives I was working on. These are not the ones you will get. (They both died!)

Asking $375.00 Which I thinks is reasonable. Shipping wil be about $50.00 I will list here till Sat. if no takers off to EBay.

Don't those drives also work with the CoCo? If so, you might try selling them separately as functional CoCo drives. The CoConuts seem to go ape over them on ebay, to the tune of $70-100 apiece.

Nice rig Frank,

I'm sorry you have to part with it. The money would seem reasonable to me for a classic like this.

I'm hoping a Model 1 Monitor and some badged TRS-80 drives will appear in my part of the world one day. I've got a nice keyboard/console and an expansion unit but without those other items, I can't really say I own a complete disk-based Model 1.

Tez

Mav I don't know for sure if these will work with a Coco. But I am trying to keep it together as a system.
Tez I wouldn't mind sending your way but shipping costs would be very high. Besides, I think you would need a transformer to power these up due to higher line voltage. Plus the 50hz would throw off the disk timings I think.

lol OT but I dont think I've ever seen a model 1 withOUT the wear on the keyboard. Is that truly just wrist wear? Bad paint/plastic?

Tez I wouldn't mind sending your way but shipping costs would be very high. Besides, I think you would need a transformer to power these up due to higher line voltage. Plus the 50hz would throw off the disk timings I think.

No worries. I wasn't fishing for it. It would more than double the cost to get it here and as you say, the power stuff would be all wrong anyway.

Good luck with the sale.

Tez

Plus the 50hz would throw off the disk timings I think.
Ignoring everything else, this wouldn't even be seen by any of the components as they all run on DC, 5v or 12v. The 50 Hz is peculiar to AC so only the power supply would get to see that. And, AFAIK, power supplies are indifferent as to whether they are on 50hz or 60hz as they are marked 50/60Hz for frequency requirements.

Ignoring everything else, this wouldn't even be seen by any of the components as they all run on DC, 5v or 12v. The 50 Hz is peculiar to AC so only the power supply would get to see that. And, AFAIK, power supplies are indifferent as to whether they are on 50hz or 60hz as they are marked 50/60Hz for frequency requirements.

Yep, this only a problem with some 8" floppy drives where the spindle motor is driven by AC. As far as I know, all 5.25" floppy drives are DC.

Ok makes sense then. Back to original subject. I will also throw in the Keyboard dust cover. And a spare power brick.

Last edited:
The price vs ebay seems fair right now but I already imported a model 1 from Florida a few years back. I think I probably overpaid back then but seems to be about the value now. Best of luck though!

Back