• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

The Fall Cleaning Thread - asstd. Mac & PC

commodorejohn

Veteran Member
Well, I'm looking at switching apartments in the near future, and I need to be clearing out some space. So this is going to be an ongoing thread as I get some of my systems sorted out and ready to sell off. Here's what we've got at the moment:

Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
CPU: PPC 7400 @ 400MHz RAM: 768MB HD: 14GB Video: Radeon 9000 (4x AGP, 64MB, ADC/DVI)
Not a powerhouse, but not a bad little OS9 machine. Currently running Mac OS 9.2.2, but I can throw Tiger on instead if you like. This is not a beauty-pageant contestant; there are some gouges on the plastic and the drive-cover panel is missing. However, it does work without any issues, and the video card is a powerhouse compared to the stock Rage 128. $60 + S/H.

Power Mac G3 (Blue & White)
CPU: PPC 750 @ 400MHz RAM: 352MB HD: 14GB Video: XClaim VR Pro (8MB, multi-out)
Less powerful, but also a pretty okay little OS9 box. The video card is one of those "output to absolutely everything" multimedia cards from the late '90s, but the only proper monitor output is Apple RGB. However, I have an RGB->VGA converter to go with it that works quite nicely, all the way up to 1280x1024 with no issues. As with the G4, it's running OS 9.2.2; technically it's capable of running Tiger, though I don't know if I'd recommend it. Cosmetically this is in better shape, though it's still scuffed here and there, but there are a couple internal issues; the built-in speaker is dodgy (slightly distorted and cuts in and out,) and there's no PRAM battery installed (though it works fine without one.) $30 + S/H.

Macintosh IIsi
CPU: 68030 @ 20MHz RAM: 14MB HD: 120MB Video: Built-in (640x480, 8-bit)
Here's another old Mac. This one runs System 7.5, and does so pretty nicely. This is a complete setup, with a matching monitor, mouse, and extended keyboard. It has a habit of forgetting the PRAM settings, though - the battery may need to be replaced. $20 + S/H.

(This thread is also posted at AmiBay. First come, first serve.)

Last edited:
Back