• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Looking for AT&T PC 6300 keyboard

IIRC, you can use a standard PC/XT keyboard if you make an adapter:

PC/XT keyboard connector
Connector: 5 pin DIN
1 clock
2 data
3 reset
4 ground
5 +5V

AT&T 6300 keyboard connector
Connector: DE9
1 data
2 clock
3 ground
4 ground
5 +12V
6-9 n/c

If you're interested, I have an AT&T KBD 305 I could part with.
Its the 101 key style keyboard with seperate cursor keys like
those that came with the 6386 WGS. Haven't tested it in years
but they were built well so it ought to work. Located in Minnesota.
If you want it, make an offer.

I do have the original keyboard for the 6300 in new condition on the back it says "made in Italy" the 6300 was my first computer and wanted to purchase a complete one but was very hard to locate the way my 6300 was back some time ago. I also have a book about the 6300 that even talks about the programing. usage and history of the machine. I will check but I think it has some schematics about the system as well. If you are interested...make me an offer. I can tell you this..You won't find a keyboard this good. I search the web for one like it and can't find one. the 6300 is a very special machine.

You're kidding, right? The 6300 keyboard irritates me today, after all these years. It sure isn't a Model M.

"Made in Italy" because the 6300 was made by Olivetti and also sold as the M24.

The keyboard quality was up to about 4-5 years of use, or 2-3 years of pounding. I base that number solely on my personal experience; I got mine late 1984, and by end of 1989 a few keys were giving up the ghost. (This is in stark contrast to a Model M, but then again, nothing compares to a Model M. I used to hoard Model Ms, but I stopped hoarding them 10 years ago because the damn things don't fail! I've got enough spares to last for life!)

While the light keys with light tactile feedback of the 6300 keyboard were nowhere near as good as the 83-key IBM keyboard, I liked the caps/numlock LEDs. And of course I need a real 6300 keyboard so that I can use my 6300 mouse and put everybody back together (I have both a mono and color 6300 monitor, not sure if they still work but I'm crossing my fingers).

I know this is an old post... did anyone have any luck building that adapter? I have a PC6300 that works good with the green screen crt but no keyboard and not having any luck with this adapter.

i just picked up a 6300 with no keyboard, i will attempt if i can get machine to post. ( i believe the PSU maybe dead )

I don't have a spare keyboard, but how about I send you an entire 6300 setup for the cost of shipping? It needs a new power supply, and the battery was yanked from it (so no leaking issue there).

Keyboard, mono-monitor and system are all a bit dirty, but otherwise in pretty good condition. Just let me know.

EDIT: Arg, just realized that Trixsters post is very old. Still I am going to leave this here, anyone interested in this thing let me know.

Back