• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Radio Club auction time :)

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
Pretty good this time, not much on the vintage computer side but I did manage a nice haul of vintage electronics. Top of the list is a graph printer that you have to adapt to (think seismology or lie detection) portable unit, a 1960's (I think) small portable TV at 4", an S-100 memory board that is all but fully populated with maybe 4 sockets free, an IBM 5153 color monitor still to be tested, plenty of tubes, weird connectors for all KINDS of stuff and then some modern stuff.

I'll be taking pictures when I can (camera decided to die so have to get another one). Also my internet has been down for the last five or six days. My only access is when I go to one of the local places that have wifi (right now at burger king). But things are changing, crisis will be over soon. Pics to come.

I don't recall if I mentioned the last Belton Hamexpo I went to but it wasn't too bad selection of older computer parts out there. One item of interest was a vic-20 with a custom radio interface card and gear which was pretty cool. Saw 2 eeprom burners which I'd assume were for sale due to them being ISA. But yeah if you have a local one it's usually worth going just for fun and sometimes there will be a nice surprise in there waiting for ya.

One item really is throwing me, I can't identify it-- at first blush I thought it was an S-100 memory board, but teh video term card I have here has a different pin lineup. It ha a similar pin lineup out of an older HP machine, but the memory card I compared it to (an ebay sale) the card was much larger. I made a video of it, does anyone have an idea?

http://youtu.be/roq3lDdUVp4

/edit the main bank of chips are Intel P107C memory chips, they appear to be 4k (?) so this would make the main bank 96k; a few of the other chips are marked Intel P3404 researched as "crowbar device,' TI P7714, and a few others that I can't read or are smudged up.

Last edited:
Haven't looked at the video, but the Intel 3404 is a 6-bit latch--part of the Intel 3000-series bipolar logic family. My guess is probably an Intellec-8 card. I think you mean Intel 2107 DRAM chips--those are 4K bit, not byte, so this board is a whopping 12K bytes. I put the date, given the components somewhere between 1973 and 1976.

Ah, I knew I'd seen this form factor somewhere!

How about this one?
Looks like that is that, nailed it, those boards are almost exactly like this one here. Thanks! Just too bad it's in really rough shape-- almost all the traces are lifted and bubbled up.

It'll look great sprayed down and hung in a picture frame, though :D

Back