• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Amiga 4000T OS disks, Video Toaster 4000/Flyer/TBC IV disks needed

Maverick1978

Veteran Member
Hey, folks..

Title says it all. I'm looking for disks (or disk images) of the OS3.1 A4000T (this install differs from the two sets that I have for my A1200's), Video Toaster 4000 diskettes, Flyer diskettes, and TBC IV diskettes (assuming that there are any)

Unfortunately the boot drive on my newly-acquired A4000t seems to be going south, and the guy I bought it from had all of the toaster manuals, none of the disks, and none of the OS diskettes/manuals period. Unfortunately, a two-hour search on Google and torrents yesterday yielded nothing but standard Amiga OS 3.1 ADFs and a bunch of "PM sent" messages on the various Amiga forums. Most of which I'm not a member of..

Note: I'm considering posting on AmiBay or EAB as a last resort, but those communities seem kind of closed/unfriendly to newbies or people that don't "live" there - I'd rather post here first. I don't have time to "live" on more than one or two forums - I'm already at my online quota!! :)

Didn't Newtek release the Amiga Toaster software for free at one point? There is a classic part of their forum: http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

NewTek contact info: http://www.newtek.com/contact-us.html

Most TBCs are "standalone" and only use the slot for power (if its ISA only, there likely isn't any Amiga software for it). Most of the ones for Amiga used a plug-in remote mostly for proc-amp controls. I think the TBC IV might have had a MS-DOS based control panel though. Either way, TBCs just "work", pass your video through them and not much else.

According to this, one file was moved off the disks for the 4000T (footnote 6): http://www.gregdonner.org/workbench/wb_31.html

Didn't Newtek release the Amiga Toaster software for free at one point? There is a classic part of their forum: http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47

NewTek contact info: http://www.newtek.com/contact-us.html

Most TBCs are "standalone" and only use the slot for power (if its ISA only, there likely isn't any Amiga software for it). Most of the ones for Amiga used a plug-in remote mostly for proc-amp controls. I think the TBC IV might have had a MS-DOS based control panel though. Either way, TBCs just "work", pass your video through them and not much else.

According to this, one file was moved off the disks for the 4000T (footnote 6): http://www.gregdonner.org/workbench/wb_31.html

Thanks for the comments, and for the links. It looks like there's an openvideotoaster project where I can download the source for the various parts, but compilation of those sources are a bit beyond my capabilities, unfortunately.

I also found the information on Greg's site, and found varying reports around the web on the copying the .library file over manually. I suppose that I'll end up trying that just in case, but I'd really rather have some ADFs of the original 4000T diskettes if I could! :)

Thanks, Rick - I found TBC IV downloads. Still need the software for the Toaster 4000, Flyer, and (hopefully) the OS 3.1 disks for A4000T.

Still need the A4000T OS install set.

After another 10+ hours of searching on Google, I finally found the Video Toaster 4000 ADF files (Thanks for posting them, Ray!). Even managed to find an ADF of an install disk for the Toaster 4.3 CD (which I don't have). It seems that Disks 30+ of the Toaster 4000 files are for HD disks, so I'm really hoping that the untested/still shrink-wrapped NOS Amiga HD floppy I picked up a decade ago works :)

I'll be posting these up soon enough to save others the trouble I've gone through. Finding those was a PITA :)

Still need the A4000T OS install set.

After another 10+ hours of searching on Google, I finally found the Video Toaster 4000 ADF files (Thanks for posting them, Ray!). Even managed to find an ADF of an install disk for the Toaster 4.3 CD (which I don't have). It seems that Disks 30+ of the Toaster 4000 files are for HD disks, so I'm really hoping that the untested/still shrink-wrapped NOS Amiga HD floppy I picked up a decade ago works :)

I'll be posting these up soon enough to save others the trouble I've gone through. Finding those was a PITA :)

You might be able to use the latest version of diskimage (released today) on AmigaOS to mount high density amiga disk images if you drive does not work and if images are ok.

http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/diskimage.m68k-aos

I can't remember fully but I think (my memory calls it "Amiga in a box" which ironically does look like it may yield what you want via google) but "Amiga Forever" I think bought the rights to legitimately provide the Amiga Workbench ROMs and OS from Amiga, Inc. You could pay for it (it's cheap) or find it other means to make sure but I do think it has the OS installs somewhere (unless it's just preinstalled drives for the emulator).

A think owning an Amiga4000T is enough. You have 3.1 roms so you can have 3.1 OS. If you don't own an Amiga, you should buy Amiga Forever.

But when it comes to AmigaOS3.9, you should buy it in my opinion.

Still owning the original disks is cool. Amigakit have them.

By the way.. I also found the Toaster4000 install disks... But only the first disk is a dos disk? The rest are ndos disks. Is that supposed be?

Last edited:
@ancalimon: Thanks for the idea about mounting the ADFs. I hadn't even thought to look into virtual drive software for the Amiga.

@barythrin: I appreciate the idea about Amiga Forever as well. I actually own legitimate 3.1 roms for the A4000T, A2000, and A1200 (as well as 1.1/1.2/1.3/2.04/2.05 roms for the A500/2000 and 3.0 roms for the 1200), so I'm essentially set to legally emulate anything that I wanted. That said, Amiga Forever emulates the Amiga environment and hardware specs of the machines, not the exact OS or their diskettes/installs. For the particulars of the A4000T set, I don't believe it would work.

I also managed to find an original set of Toaster 4.3 diskettes (with backups) for $10 shipped off of ebay of all places. Will hopefully save me having to write out a bunch of disks to reinstall the Toaster, but still nice to have the "working" set in ADF form.

I'm still looking for images of the original A4000T OS 3.1 disks, if anyone has them. I did find information to roll my own based off of a regular 3.1 disk set (which I already have originals of from my A1200), but would prefer to work with the real deal, just in case there are any quirks (I'm nowhere near as saavy with Amigas as I am with PCs and C64's)

Interestingly enough, the Amiga lot I traded this guy for included an A4000T, an A1200 with GVP accellerator, and an original OS3.9 CD. I'm thinking of installing that on the A1200, which may get kept as a spare to the 1200 I've had for several years.

Back