• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Shooter EE/EPROM Programmer, QUV-T8 EPROM eraser, True RMS Multimeter...

copticunorthodox

Found a bunch of things while cleaning out my storage. They are all in great working condition not to mention great physical condition, well taken care of.
Logical Devices QUV-T8 EPROM eraser
150v input/130v output Variable transformer
(2) Iomega Ditto Cartridges 2gb
Logical Devices Shooter EE/EPROM programmer
Fluke 8060A True RMS Multimeter
There's also a black and decker variable skill saw as well, though I'm not sure that lays in anyones interests.
Willing to sell as package or as individual items. We can work out shipping based on the order. Email me at copticunorthodox@gmail.com or text 9499169940 if you have any questions. Hope some of yall can use this stuff.
Thanks,
Kenny G
Vintage e equipment.jpg

Last edited:
First of all, where do you live so we know if the shipping charges are going to be a deal-breaker?

Second, do you have any info on the Shooter, like, what it will program?

Sorry about that, I like in Aliso Viejo ca, 92656. A few miles from Irvine. As far as the info on the Shooter, all I can give you is the information on the device itself. This equipment was in actuality used by my grandfather while working at IBM. I, myself, have no idea about any of this equipment besides the fact it was all kept in pristine condition.
The info on the Shooter device is as follows
Model: Shooter
Series: Prompro
Serial Number:3280
Hope that helps.

That QUV-T8 is pretty nice if you need a chip eraser... I have one of them. It can easily do 30 chips at once, and takes a standard F6T5 size germicidal tube.

About the 'Shooter,' it's from around 1981-82. It's a serial port programmer and should work with pretty much any generic control software, and if I'm not too badly mistaken it can also work stand-alone. However, there is a pretty big 'gotcha': it uses special little plug-in modules to set the chip type... that's the little black thing with the white label, up and left of the ZIF socket in the picture. I don't know where you'd even find other modules nowadays, and reverse-engineering them might be a bit of a challenge.

@Chuck, thanks, I should have thought of the AC myself. That's what happens when you read the forums last thing of the day.

California is going to be big-buck shipping, especially across the border (it, pretty much, triples the price).

@Thrashbarg Yes, I found that much info doing a search, but, not a lot more. Seems the company is still in existence but, from the forums I read, they aren't to forth-coming with the module information, preferring to up sell you to a more current version.

I just thought a good, low-cost EPROM handling solution (programmer and eraser) would be nice to have around "just in case" and give me something to do with all these E/EPROMS I have kicking around, but, shipping is going to be the deal buster.

I have people putting off sending repairs out of the US because it's getting to be Christmas and the cost of shipping is going up on a weekly basis. Shipping USED to be an annoyance, now it's an obstruction. Sorry for the mini-rant.

Well I do know that it fits in this USPS Flat Rate Box. Shipping will cost around 40 to 50 bucks I assume. So in my opinion, I would have to sell the EPROM unit for around $80 total for it to be worth it (time, effort, gas, packaging, blah blah blah...)
But I figure, SOMEONE may live around the West Coast close enough to afford shipping.
But hey I appreciate all the info guys.

That Fluke 4080A was a nice DMM in its day--4.5 digits. I"m half tempted myself.

The Variac would be of interest to some of the old radio buffs--start an old set up by slowing raising the voltage to allow the caps to reform. But shipping anywhere is going to be expensive--those things are heavy.

Yeah and not only that, it's actually able to be shipped Internationally, not just nationally. Says so on the box. So wont be AS pricey for shipping...

Actually, there are different boxes for Flat-Rate Priority shipping and Priority Shipping with International. The former goes for flat rate. The latter goes by weight. I went through this a few months ago.. the old flat-rate boxes from like 2 years ago would also go international to certain zones for the same flat-rate, but not any longer...

That's true. The boxes I have say both Domestic/International.
They all say that. But the rates and weight restrictions are not the same. I've found that while Domestic Flat Rates are quite reasonable, International Flat Rates are a bit pricey. International First Class, however, it a lot more reasonable.

OK, so we have all read the warnings about dealing with new members on the VCF who are offering stuff for sale, and once in a while we slip up, and we forget.

Looks like this time I forgot the golden rule - IE: only deal with someone you know, or who is known on the VCF.
It seems the only posts by copticunorthodox were to sell stuff (or reality maybe just to take peoples money).
I set up a deal, and paid for one of his items which was supposed to have been shipped Priority Mail two weeks ago, and it's a no show.
Of course, there have been no posts since the items were offered, and there's no answer from the email address that the payment was sent to, through PayPal.

Live and learn, and I thought I had, but apparently I haven't because as it says in the warnings, Buyer Beware.

Hopefully, I was the only one who dealt with this one, and hopefully everyone else will be more careful next time something is offered for sale by a new VCF member.

I just thought a good, low-cost EPROM handling solution (programmer and eraser) would be nice to have around "just in case" and give me something to do with all these E/EPROMS I have kicking around, but, shipping is going to be the deal buster.
You know that if you need a programmed (or blank) EPROM I'll be happy to help you out (as long as it's one that I've got and my equipment knows about).

You know that if you need a programmed (or blank) EPROM I'll be happy to help you out (as long as it's one that I've got and my equipment knows about).

I know, Mike, but, I hate to bother people with little things like that. Seems that NOT buying from the guy was a good idea though.

UPDATE: I finally got an email reply saying the item was mailed two days ago (two weeks after I was told it was going to be mailed), so maybe (fingers crossed) I will be receiving something.

Back