• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandy 1000 EX

Tiberian Fiend

Veteran Member
Booted from a Compaq DOS floppy just fine. Can test further if desired. No missing keys. Scratch over badge. It also has a name and what looks to be a Social Security number thinly etched on the back (it's not very noticeable, as you can see). Rest of top looks good. Composite out might be a little loose (or it may just be a problem with the cable I used), but not a major problem. Warranty seal is still intact, so the computer has never been opened. All the function key inserts are there; I had the one on the far right inserted upside-down when I took these photos. $50 + shipping.

069.jpg

072.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

How much RAM does it have installed? Just the stock 256K?

See how it's got a solid plastic one-piece backing on the expansion bay? That's stock, no RAM card. The RAM cards were bare steel, so you can tell at a glance whether it's an expanded one or not.

See how it's got a solid plastic one-piece backing on the expansion bay? That's stock, no RAM card. The RAM cards were bare steel, so you can tell at a glance whether it's an expanded one or not.

I did see that, and know that, but I just wanted to make sure, since aftermarket RAM upgrades were available.

Back