• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can't get Roland LAPC-I working with Sound Blaster Pro

striderkuja

I have a Sound Blaster Pro 2 installed and working on a MS-Dos 6.22 box (IRQ 5, DMA Channel 1, Address 220). I'm pretty sure the Roland card is working because I tried it in another system (by itself) and Monkey Island worked fine. I'm wondering if there is something I need to do on the Sound Blaster side of things to tell the system to use the Roland LAPC-I for MIDI instead of the SBPro. There doesn't seem to be any options in SBP-MIX.exe or SBP-SET.exe, and I don't remember there being anything on the software side of things to setup for the Roland. Do I need to add a command to autoexec.bat?

Those two cards work well together because their resources ordinarily do not overlap. You need to tell your game to use Roland or Sound Blaster if you can. Roland has no software setup. Remove the Sound Blaster Pro and see whether it is working at all.

Yeah, I used the "monkey r" command to tell Monkey Island to use Roland. I get no sound when I do that. I'm guessing Monkey Island just tells the game to use Roland on it's default settings since I can't specify where it is. (I also have an early version of the LAPC-I where I can only change the Port Address... no jumpers for the IRQ or anything - should default to IRQ 2)

Okay, solved this. Really strange, but apparently I had to select "Auto" instead of "Legacy ISA" in the motherboard's BIOS under the PCI/ISA Configuration.

Back