• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted: Old Luggable Systems

AppleIIfan

Banned
Ever since I got my compaq portable I ive been itching to get my hands on some more luggable machines

Like a PS/2 Model P70
IBM Portable PC the 5155 I believe it was

and any other oddball luggables

You need a Kaypro on that list. After trying one of those beasts out, you'll know what the king of luggables is! :)

FWIW, IBM made a PS/2 L40SX that's not exactly luggable, but still quite cool. If you're after a more modern luggable (With an awesome keyboard), check out the Dolch PAC line of computers - but beware: keyboard enthusiasts going after their keyboards that contain Cherry Blue switches have put their pricing relatively high.

If you like Commodore machines, the SX-64 is a nice one too - and as the first color portable, historically significant. And given the prices that regular ol' breadbox C64's have been pulling, I'd put the extra $25-30 in and get the cooler unit ;)

How about a Tandy TRS-80 Model 4P? EDIT - not that I have one, just mentioning it :)

I notice that the Corona doesn't get much mention here. I remember seeing quite a few of those thrown out at some point and now I regret not keeping one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_Data_Systems
File:Cordata_PPC-400-25-200.jpg

Attachments

• 390px-Cordata_PPC-400-25-200.jpg
    390px-Cordata_PPC-400-25-200.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1
...Like a PS/2 Model P70...

There is also the PS/2 Model P75, same layout at a increased width (whereas the P70 had a pairing of a short and long adapter slots, the P75 has more with the larger size, SCSI on the planar, and a 486DX instead of a 386DX)...

Nice "color" screens, as long as the color is plasma orange...

I have 2 PS/2 P70s an IBM 5140 Convertible (technically not a luggable) and a Compaq 1 for sale. All are in working condition. Make an offer on any (shipping from 95046 extra). PM me if you want pics.

In the world of CP/M compatibles, there should be a whole slew of luggables including the veritable Osbornes, Seequa, Columbia, Televideo etc. In any case, I'm sure AppleIIfan will evaluate every luggable and portable system people are offering him.

Mainly what im looking for is an IBM PS2 P70. And a 5155 maybe some other ones.. Gotta thin down the macs though because theres too many need more diverse hardware here

ge workmaster one should be added to ur list they are a idustrial machean mostly used for programing plc's makes them bit expensive to aquire as they are still in service in odd ball places

basicaly a ibm lug-able but with a hdd option and 750k floppy drive x1 or x2

the one i got also got software for it...... but yea i want to fix mine... got equitment i can use it with needs a video card and a monitor :(
56113621.jpg

I've got an SX-64. I really don't want to part with it after all the work I've put into it, but I don't use it, and I need the money. It's not in perfect cosmetic condition, but it's not horrible, and it works great. The keyboard is a bit finicky. It works well enough to launch programs; you just won't be typing out any reports on it. More importantly, it includes that ever-important keyboard cable that always gets lost. I also have the black Commodore bag that goes with the machine.
003.jpg006.jpg002.jpg

I'm partial to the Panasonic Sr. Partner -- limited to 512K unfortunately, but has a built-in thermal printer!
I've got one of those portables too. The built in printer is very handy. Not the best printout ever, but Panasonic came up with a great idea.

May I suggest a Compaq Portable III. They're lightweight, easy to carry around, and neat looking with the screen pivoted up.

Back