• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Warehouse Haul- Post your wishlists in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this bugs the heck out of me then most things.

4gr8justice, DO NOT join this forum to just to tell on someone. This isn't the 4th grade anymore. If you have a problem with someone, then don't join this forum, don't post about him, or just plain don't bother us about it. Also, don't just assume you know who someone is or isn't. It is up to the buyer to do the research. I have to deal with this crap at work, and that's enough.

Whatever has happened in the past in other boards is in the past on other boards, belongs there, not on this one. It doesn't matter. I personally have done several business interactions with AppleIIfan without any issues and will be dealing with them in the future.

If all you're here to do is play tattle-tale then I suggest you play recess elsewhere. Mods, is can we get this crap removed from the forums? This is worse than spam.

While I think joining a forum to post a 1 line message disparaging someone is, to say the least, bad form I don't think this warrants a removal unless the OP can not substantiate. After all as you say the buyer is responsible for making his own decisions - however, how is the buyer to make informed decisions if you are censoring the information he/she has access to. You have had good experiences great post about them so that becomes part of the info for buyers to make a decision. At the same time AppleIIFan can make his own post in the appropriate forum to respond. What I really hate is people deciding what info should be disseminated. I think what the mods should do is move the discussion to another forum/thread as to not clog this one.

I've asked Apple ][fan to respond. After that, I'd like the meta discussion to stop.

I am the former scammer extrordinare Steven Landon, however I am no longer engaging in activities like that. I did some very dumb things in the past, and over the years I have tried to right my wrongs. I still feel horrible for what I did. However that is not me any longer, I have gotten my life on track after a very rough patch. I stumbled acrossed this warehouse full of goodies and I wanted to share it with the community so it could be saved from being recycled. I did not want to have to put this stuff on eBay

If any of you want to check my eBay feedback please do so under punkrockchinchilla and flintsecondhandtreasures. I also have perfect feedback over at amibay, and if youd like to see that I can provide that for you as well

And now, back to the original thread topic.

MikeRM has had a positive recent experience. However, as always, it is buyer beware no matter where you are.

No more meta discussion in this thread please - let's leave it for the warehouse finds. There are other places in the forum for members to air their trading grievances and to hopefully get them resolved.

Last edited:
Hows the dig going? Have some of the members gotten their wishes granted?

We are getting thru it, Hoping to have the storage unit filled up by the end of january to open it up for you guys to drive up and get stuff. We are thinking 2 weekends a month at this point. As far as items that people want shipped, Due to the fact its a 120 mile drive round trip for me, People will have to tell me what they want, Ill bring it home, get pictures and test it and then I can ship it out. Once we get everything moved over id like to only have to go up there 2 times a week, especially with gas at 3.45 a gallon. People who come pick up stuff at the storage unit get first priority, especially on the heavy stuff

I have had several dealings with AppleIIfan, all of them good, I bought an "Apple monitor ][" off him, as well as traded an Apple II RevC SCSI card of mine for an SE/30 he had.

Both dealings with him he was VERY helpful and very professional, whatever his past may have been, I can vouch that he sure seems to be on the up-and-up now. I am looking forward to doing further business with him on this warehouse find of his.

EDIT: to stay on topic, I am looking for a ][, //e and some Mac LC's (but I think he knows this from some PM/IM conversations we have had)
-Ryan

Hi Juul. What is your search for a Qume Daisywheel about ? I have a very old (Print-capable ? I believe that's the term) one which preceded the Sprint. I used it with my Micom 2000. I'm incapacitated for at least another month after a bad broken top of my Tibia (I now have 3 metal plates in my knee), so I am restricted to the main floor and my collection is on the 2nd. It was extremely fast for a daisy wheel (and very noisy) with a large separate power supply that would dim the lights of the neighborhood. :^)) . While I have a box of NOS printer tapes (yes one can resurrect old tapes) and IIRC 3 different wheels, and possibly the ribbon cable, I only have some Micom advertising and no docs for it. The Micom came out before the Apple, it was peddled and widely sold as a word processor, but it was actually a computer. NASA had about 100 of them which they used to take the workload off the mainframes. Sellam Ismael of VCFest fame now has the Micom out in California but declined the Quume because of the weight. I imagine you are looking for a post-PC printer which this obviously ain't. It'll likely remain a doorstop but I thought I'd enquire. If you're interested it would be yours for shipping cost. Within Canada Bus-express is cheaper than Can Post, but it and the PS are heavy.

Lawrence

1802-based computers and chips. CDP1802, COSMAC Elf, CDP1681, CDP1862, etc.
ADM 3A terminal.
Data General minicomputer (Nova 2).
Teletype (33).
Paper Tape readers and punches.
IBM 029 Card Punch and readers.

We are getting there, im off till the first of the year right now.. Needed a break from lifting on those things

Hi Roland, hope you're the one I know from the AIM side...DaveC orgwood...well, I've got a VT100 - never opened it up or looked at the back connectors until I saw your post. Also, some CCS? S100, 8" Qume drives, single board CP/M machine with 64KBs, and misc. We can communicate here or via email. Dave

ISA VGA Cards, 8 Bit or 16 Bit (Compatible 8 Bit) All you have!

ISA VGA Cards, 8 Bit or 16 Bit (Compatible 8 Bit) All you have!

Hi, While you are going through the stuff I would like to find 50pcs+ of ISA Style 8 Bit VGA Video Cards. I can make a run to pick them up to avoid shipping, as I live in Michigan. Thanks, Michael

Hi, While you are going through the stuff I would like to find 50pcs+ of ISA Style 8 Bit VGA Video Cards. I can make a run to pick them up to avoid shipping, as I live in Michigan. Thanks, Michael

We wont sell that many items to one person. Mainly because we do not sell to RESELLERS whatsoever.

well ... if you find a sun4d system in there :) for example SparcServer 1000E or similar or maybe a Cray Superserver :)

Pretty much anything 32bit sparc... PM me as I might be interested mostly interested in getting an SparcStation 20 and an AG10E sbus framebuffer and possibly sparc laptops but I should be getting one of those laptops soon enough. I could use some larger 50pin scsi drives or a scsi diskpack as well... just throwing that out there as you seem to have quit an asortment I've been meaning to get a C64 sometime or other though I'll probably wait on that.

AG-10E http://www.sunshack.org/data/sunpix/ag10e-1.jpg

note that it looks a bit different from a ZX/TZX but is the same size.
http://www.sunshack.org/data/sunpix/5011845.jpg

I'm still looking for an IBM 5162 (XT 286) or even a 5140.
If you happen to stumble across any... TIA

I figure this is just as good a place for a first post as any - I just looked at the Flickr link and I have to say I would go crazy if I opened the door to a warehouse or any storage unit and saw that much vintage computer gear! I have always loved vintage gear (I started with PC's and Mac's around the time they were introduced through my Dad's school teaching days). I currently have a very nice Mac Plus, a Mac Classic, a Pentium 75 for classic gaming that also has an SB 16 and an MT-32, and have just recently bought a really nice IIgs with an AE TransWarp, Vulcan HD, and a RAM-GS card in it along with 2 other IIgs (I bought them on a whim before finding the nice one). To get on topic, I would love to find a SCSI card for each of the IIgs's and I'm possibly in need of 1 or 2 IIgs monitors. Right now, I'm interested in any IIgs hardware I can find to go with my budding collection.

EDIT-I almost forgot, I would also love to find a working Apple external CD drive to setup with my IIgs too!

Thanks!
GeoffP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back