• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Vintage IBM PS1 486 DOS Gaming Computer FreeDOS/SBPro/ISA/48MB RAM/6G HD/50x CD

Cevyn

Experienced Member
Specifications:

-AMD 486DX OverDrive CPU (Original Intel 25MHz 486SX cpu still onboard)
-48MB RAM
-Spacious 6GB Western Digital hard drive formatted FAT32
-50X IDE CD-ROM
-3.5" Floppy Drive (1.44MB)
-Cirrus Logic VESA graphics
-Sound Blaster Pro Compatible Sound (ISA)
-Ethernet Network card (ISA)
-NEW CMOS battery installed!
-Slots: 3 ISA slots (1 available)
-Ports: 2 PS/2, 2 Serial/COM (DB-9), 1 Parallel, 1 Game/Midi/Joystick port

Software:

FreeDOS loaded and configured with maximum conventional memory free! (See screenshot)

Cubic player installed with/assortment of MOD files ready to play, including GUS patches for MIDI! (See screenshot)

FastTracker and ImpulseTracker installed!

Play FM music via the genuine Yamaha YMF-262 OPL3 chip with the included Adlib Player!

Shareware versions of DOOM, Raptor and Duke Nukem 3D installed and ready to play!

Additional useful programs and utilities pre-installed.

NOTES: The BIOS screenshot shows 528mb for the hard drive because of a BIOS limitation. This has been overcome with the EZ-BIOS dynamic drive overlay and FAT32 formatting, allowing the full 6gb to be used in FreeDOS.

The physical CDROM installation is DIY, as this model originally did not come with a CDROM and back in the day I did what I could without the expensive IBM addon mounting hardware.

The hard drive installation is also DIY.

Asking $275. My eBay and Bonanza user id is "FastMHz" for feedback reference.

ps1_1.jpg

ps1_2.jpg

ps1_3.jpg

ps1_4.jpg

ps1_5.jpg

ps1_6.jpg

ps1_7.jpg

ps1_8.jpg

ps1_9.jpg

ps1_10.jpg

ps1_11.jpg

ps1_12.jpg

Specifications:

-AMD 486DX OverDrive CPU (Original Intel 25MHz 486SX cpu still onboard)...

ps1_2.jpg

I suppose a long shot would be for the buyer to temporarily pull the AMD CPU, then INT 15h, C9h it to get the CPUID...

It would add to my chart, but is probably one of the A0 or B0 steppings...

I think I do have this particular S-Spec on a PGA mount, but wonder why I didn't step it...

Back