• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Free Epson MX-80. Pay shipping only

I'm not familiar with that model, but have you tried craigslisting it for local businesses? Some of the older dot matrix printers have the huge advantage of being able to print on multi-page carbon paper for receipts. I'm sure there are new dot matrix printers out there but one would think for smaller companies it may still have some value.

The MX-80 was sold with a lot of 5150s and 5160s as well as TRS-80s. It was really the first inexpensive, compact dot-matrix printer. Most, if not all, PC word-processing and spreadsheet programs were preset for its peculiar escape codes. Many subsequent printers, including laser printers, had MX-80 emulation built in. The MX-100 is the wide-carriage version of the printer. The MX series was superseded by the FX series, which, among other things, had downloadable fonts.

But the MX-80 is the true archetype for consumer-level dot-matrix printers. I don't know how well it would work for printing multipart forms, however--it is a bit of a wimp in that department.

Actually the MX-80 will work with two part paper, but then one has to expect era quality two print. I first purchased a MX-80 when they were new and ran it off of my Apple II and also an illegal knock off apple. Then ran it off of my 4mhz XT. All of the paper I used was acquired from California State Surplus warehouse. This was TWO copy teletype paper I also ran in my ASR33 Teletype.

Two copy is harder to handle but I suspect no harder on the printer heads.

Do you still have the free printer, any ribbon cartridges and the tractor or other paper feeds ?????

Tnks

Back