• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

1986 apple II....don't think so.

ebaybrad1

Experienced Member
OK I came into another Apple II not plus...i think.

As you can see by the serial number, bottom sticker etc.. It is definitely a late computer as ID'd by the made in singapore motherboard, and red label

But, did they stop using the week/year id format on the motherboard corner?

Also, it is id'd as an a2s1 and 71*** on the bottom

Is it a II?

On a side note, I am trying to set up a II with a profile hard drive from a lisa. I heard that there is more info somewhere on the interface, etc.. Anyone ever do this?
I read about a USB flash drive card being available, but that seems like a shame to me. The pro file has enough storage for me.

Any help would be great.

thnks

2012-01-20 21.40.00.jpg2012-01-20 21.40.33.jpg2012-01-20 21.40.47.jpg2012-01-20 21.41.42.jpg2012-01-20 21.41.59.jpg

Last edited:
what are the catalog numbers on the ROM chips? as far as the profile thing, i've heard you can do it too yeah. not sure of the details.

2012-01-21 00.55.50.jpg2012-01-21 00.56.16.jpg

I tell you though the thought of putting a tank engine in a Smart is interesting.... flash drive in an Apple II...lol

based on those numbers, definitely should be a II plus! flash drive... that would be awesome! :)

Getting back to the original question, there should be a number along the left hand side of the board at the end of the ROM row that starts with 820-. What's the number on your board?

Although it's still possible, I have never seen a II with the newer expansion slot connectors as seen in your system. That said, it's very likely that someone at some point upgraded this II to a II+ by simply swapping out the motherboard. Or, someone could have just swapped out the lid. Are the plastic "velcro" connectors on the lid and the case the same dimensions? If they are different, then it's very possible that the lid and the case are not a match. Regardless, that case, cover, and system is still a very nice find!

Would it be possible to see a photo of the underside of the keyboard and keyboard encoder?

Back