• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Hey!

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Just poppin' in to let y'all know I'm still alive. Still don't have a decent connection (the neighbors' fade in n out). Hoping to return soon full-time (more or less).

--T

Unfortunately, most of the folks in this trailer park can't even spell DSL, much less know how to get a router configured properly. Thank ghawd Sheila has a pretty nice setup, but I even lose her signal whenever some idjit parks their car between our places. How rude of them to want to use their own driveways!

--T

Just attach this to your wireless card and stick it on top of your home.
1302.jpg

But a good external antenna wouuld boost signal reception, unless you have a laptop without a PCI card.

Actually, probably more practical and I would bet able to get past your dilemma would be a quick homebrew yagi setup. Directional antenna, on the bright side, if it doesn't work you still get to eat a can of pringles while you work. Dirty Bastard Ale, eh? I've had Arrogant Bastard ale but hadn't heard of that one.

Nice to see you around!

Just poking my head in to welcome you back, T. I don't post often anymore, but I still lurk in the background enough to see these posts.

Welcome! (back)

--Jack

I've had Arrogant Bastard ale

Not a bad product, but as far as American IPAs go, I prefer 90-Minute IPA, from Dogfish Head Brewery, in Delaware (creators of "Liqueur d'Malt," also an excellent brew), but the closest place I can find it around here is down near Detroit (gotta go all the way to Indiana for the Arrogant, but still, I am worthy! (I do wonder sometimes though if I wouldn't be better off just drinking the gasoline directly instead)). DBA is still kinda local to MI, (Founder's Brewery, in Grand Rapids). It's a Scots, not as potent as some at 8.5 abv, nor terribly hoppy either (50 ibu), but nectar of the gods couldn't go down any smoother, and I can git it at Liquor King, right up on the corner, so my first choice these days, although I do still occasionally make the 14-mile round trip to Frankenmouth for a growler of Dave's Imperial Stout, but a lot less frequently now that I no longer drive (long story, but not involving a DUI this time).

--T

Forgotten?! Pfft.. you know we covet all our vintage things, even posters ;-) I'll have to keep an eye out for those assuming they're being "exported/imported" (never figured why these terms get used interstate).

Back