• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

HP Portable Vectra CS

ByrdDog

I've got one of these sitting next to me as well, though I am also lacking the proper power adapter for it...

I notice that the label on the bottom of the unit is a bit different than mine, most notably lacking the Australian telecom approvals, as well as mine being a "D1001A" rather than "D1009A" The 1001 variant being equipped with dual 1.44Mb floppy drives, and the 1009 having one floppy and a 20Mb HDD

According to the "accessories service manual" I found on the HP Computer Museum the AC adapter should be rated as follows:

Input:
120Vac nominal at 60Hz.
220-240Vac nominal at 50Hz.

29W Typical.

Output:
8.02 to 8.18 Vdc (at 0A, no load).
7.66 to 8.18 Vdc (at2.4A).

Ripple: 0.1 V (p-p) maximum (at 0 to 2.4A).

Current Limit: 2.4 to 2.6A (at 4 to 8.18 Vdc).

The connector itself is a typical type found on most laptops, about 1/4" in diameter with a small pin in the center. I believe (just trying to remember from when I had mine running) that it's center positive. The battery itself is a sealed lead-acid type, 3-cell, 6V battery. These things didn't have a great shelf life, with storage times listed at up to a meager 18 months if fully charged and deactivated, in no warmer than 20C...

How many ports are on the back of that machine? There should be a standard d-sub25 printer port and external monitor (CGA,EGA,MDA depending on hardware setting) in the first bay, probably a blank slot in the second where the HDD controller typically is, then either blanks, RJ-11 (I think) plugs for a modem or 25 and 9 pin d-sub serial ports depending on the options that were included with/added to the system...

Thanks for the pic, no unusual extras in that unit, just the standard printer/video ports in slot one and HDD card in slot 2 from the looks of it.

Now I'm wondering how rare the HP-IL card in slot 4 is in my unit like this...

Back