• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Disk Image Archive

curtis

Veteran Member
Okay, I've archived what disk images I've collected over the past few years. I've zipped these into a single file along with Teledisk 2.15.

I am currently hosting this file on my web page at http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/curtismc/collct.html

This archive is free to whoever wants it. All I ask is that if you add to the archive, shoot me a copy of the updated archive and I'll upload it to the web page.

Hopefully in this manner we can reconstruct the bulk of Don Maslin's collection of images.

AND while we're on the subject...

There seems to be a growing trend to switch over to Dave Dunfield's Image Disk program. Can anyone comment on this program for me as I'm unfamiliar with it.

Given Teledisk's murky legal status, this sounds as if DD's Image Disk would be an excellent viable alternative to Teledisk.

Please comment!!!

Curtis

I can personally give a thumbs-up to Imagedisk. It has done everything for me that I could have wanted, and it's free. There's been nothing that I wanted to do that teledisk did that Imagedisk doesn't do. I use it regularly to image and make various dec format floppies: RX50, RX33, RX01, and even RX180. In my setup, I have an IBM PC300 / DOS with 1.2M (for RX33, RX50) and 360k (for RX180) 5.25" drives and an SA860 8" drive (for RX01).

It's also very helpful for doing drive alignments, since you can position the heads directly over a specific track for use with an analog alignment disk. It also has a software based alignment feature if you don't have an AAD, but at least do have a known acccurate (trackwise) data floppy, which is not too bad.

Lou

Last edited:
Well then, I guess I'll convert what I've got over to ID anbd offer both until some future date to be determined later.

May take awhile since classes are startng up soon.

My only complaint w/ ImageDisk is that I can't find an easy way to edit/insert comments. It would be great if I could edit comments in an image after the image is written and better yet if I could feed it comments on the command line. Maybe someone knows how to do this?

My only complaint w/ ImageDisk is that I can't find an easy way to edit/insert comments. It would be great if I could edit comments in an image after the image is written and better yet if I could feed it comments on the command line. Maybe someone knows how to do this?

Dave has always been responsive to requests. Why don't you ask him?

He's active on the cctalk mailing list. Could ping him there, check the archive and you can see the email address he's using for that at least. It's probably on his website.

Okay, I emailed him again and got a response. Basically, the program already has the ability to edit comments. Dave, was kind enough to provide two batch files to demonstrate how to use this ability:

Code:
---- Begin: IMDEDT.BAT ---
@echo off
if .%1 == . goto help
imdu %1.IMD ec=%TEMP%$IMDTMP$.TXT
if errorlevel 1 goto quit
rem *** Replace EDT in the line below with your favorite editor *** 
edt %TEMP%$IMDTMP$.TXT 
imdu %1 %TEMP%$IMDTMP$.IMD rc=%TEMP%$IMDTMP$.TXT 
if errorlevel 1 goto quit 
copy %TEMP%$IMDTMP$.IMD %1.IMD 
del %TEMP%$IMDTMP$.IMD 
del %TEMP%$IMDTMP$.TXT 
goto quit 

:help
echo.
echo Use: IMDEDT imdfile
echo.
echo Extracts, Edits and Replaces the comment from a .IMD file.
echo.
echo Environment variable TEMP can be used to place temporary files in echo a specific location (I use a RAMdisk). It is prepended as a raw echo prefix to the filenames, so it should include the trailing '\' if echo it specifies a directory - eg: set TEMP=R:\ echo.
echo If you are NOT using my EDT editor - edit this file and change the echo editor command - look for the '***' comment.
echo.
echo Do NOT specify the .IMD extension on the imdfile argument.
echo.
echo Dave Dunfield - Feb 6, 2012
echo.
:quit
--- End: IMDEDT.BAT

Code:
--- Begin: IMDCMT.BAT ---
@echo OFF
if .%2 == . goto help
dmk2imd nul o=%1 /c%2
goto quit
:help
echo.
echo Use: IMDCMT imdfile commentfile
echo.
echo Creates an empty .IMD file with a preset comment from a file.
echo You can 'R'ead on-top of this file with ImageDisk to have the echo comment preset in the ImageDisk comment entry field.
echo.
echo Dave Dunfield - Feb 6, 2012
echo.
:quit
--- End: IMDCMT.BAT ---

Last edited:
In case anyone is still following this thread there is an updated version of ImgDisk to 1.1.8 dated March 2012. It has. as part of other changes, the batch files to deal w/ comments.

Back