• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ms-dos 3.35?

I guess I'm a bit slow, but in the context of this thread I can't for the life of me understand what you're getting at. :) Are you trying to say that this supposed 3.35 you got has damaged your computer?

nah that this happend at the same time i tried "3.35" is just coincidence still it's annoying me to no end, i can't for the life of me figure it out.

DOS lives on!!, Jorg, or Elvi, did you just type "ver" or did you actually look at it. Command.com has the version and copyright about 4 screens down. Would one of you be so kind as to look at the code. Like I say, it's about 4 screens down. Thanks.

i've only typed ver oh and i figured out the keyboard issue, it was a keyboard codepage app i copied over from my tandon with some version of dos 3.2, i've had issues with trying to get the code pages to work on the samsung before but then the whole pc stalled :S

i've only typed ver oh and i figured out the keyboard issue, it was a keyboard codepage app i copied over from my tandon with some version of dos 3.2, i've had issues with trying to get the code pages to work on the samsung before but then the whole pc stalled :S

I'm glad you got that issue figured out!

So, would you mind having a quick look? Just put the disk in a drive and look at it. Any file viewer will do, (eg DM or LIST). You will find this (or hopefully 3.35) on about line 99:
Code:
Microsoft(R) MS-DOS(R)  Version 3.30
             (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1987
PS: I couldn't figure out the Russian registration fields, and I was hoping to send a note to the Wikipedia editors since they don't seem to have any proof of the existence of 3.35 and we can't find one.

I found this incomplete list of various Dos versions http://m-o-o-n.uw.hu/swodosen.htm
May just be the same as the above images I'm guessing though.
You might be right. The author seems a bit odd. ;)
On his home page he says:
Use a browser, which doesn't ignore the W3C standards!
Such a thing is Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, or Opera 5.0, or their newer versions.
Netscape is not such a thing... I won't discuss on it, it's a pity, but it's a fact...
On that same page, WW3 validation service says:
24 Errors, 6 warning(s)
Not that his attitude is relevant here, but that's just funny.

Edit: He has downloads. Click on the disk and you get a file called "ms_d0335.pkg" file. What's that?

Last edited:
Looks like some kind of pkzip derivative... file starts "PK" as usual and contents can be listed via a ZIP utility, however the two files (disk1.tdo and disk2.tdo) fail on CRC errors when attempting extraction.

Looks like some kind of pkzip derivative... file starts "PK" as usual and contents can be listed via a ZIP utility, however the two files (disk1.tdo and disk2.tdo) fail on CRC errors when attempting extraction.
Hmm, I can see that now you say it. I get the same results. It makes sense that this would be in the same "style" as his html.

DOS lives on!!, Jorg, or Elvi, did you just type "ver" or did you actually look at it. Command.com has the version and copyright about 4 screens down. Would one of you be so kind as to look at the code. Like I say, it's about 4 screens down. Thanks.

See attached file

Attachments

• 335.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thank you much Jorg. That attached file says MS-DOS 3.30 and so does the one I nabbed from the russian site. I think we can call this myth "busted!"

atleast for now DOS :p
still wonder if there's any newer versions around of the 3.3x type, would be nice to have the newest of that era.

edit
ok tried the 3.30a version from the russian site and it "seems" to be legit, when you start it with the floppy or type command your greated with ms dos 3.30a but if you do ver it only displays 3.30.

Last edited:
seems that was a compaq version and only gotten ahold of a 3.5" version but i don't know if i want to use it on my samsung.

It occurred to me that asking Microsoft would be the way to go, but I can't seem to find anything except "support". Looking at their pages, I'm not sure where to start. They don't seem to have an archives or historical records department - though god knows they could afford one. Here is a page that looks promising http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/PR_Contacts.mspx but if anybody here has a contact in Redmond that could help us, then that would be great.

I did leave a note on Wikipedia, but I think they only want hearsay so the facts would not be of interest to them anyway.

My favorite version of DOS, the one that I use most often in my computer lab, is 5.00 RC 3a. It was the first DOS I got after using 3.3 forever and it had the memory management capability and HD recognition changes that I had been waiting for. I never got into DOS 4.0 for various reasons. I do, however, have a boxed(opened) IBM DOS 4.00 available if anyone's interested in it.

Back