• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

intrest check: emplant mac emulator card and pc emulation card for amiga

oblivion

Veteran Member
recently got a few amiga things and among them was a emplant mac zorro III (i think as it was in an amiga 4000) emulation card as well as what i beleive is a pc emulation card (i see an 8088 cpu on the card). as i have no need for emulation id like to sell these or trade them to someone who would use them. i have a disk and box/manual for the mac card but not the pc card. i DO NOT know if the cards function or the if the disk works. it was pulled from a working amiga so i assume it does. i have no idea of the value of these so i'm just sending a feeler out if anyone wants them. id be willing to trade for amiga stuff or pc stuff.

Color me interested... I've read about them, but am not interested enough to spend money on them :) What kind of things were you looking for in trade?

There is always interest I think. The 8088 is probably a "bridgeboard" but yes it's a fully functional PC on a card which takes an ISA slot in the Amiga (as well as the software to run it). It further allows you to use an ISA NIC as well although I've never gotten those set up personally, just hear about it. Curtis sold an Amiga "not that long ago" with a pretty sweet set up and I think a 386 bridgeboard which honestly would have sold for about $150 a few years ago. The 8088 ones are a bit more common and demand less cash but still are neat to have. The Mac card I'm assuming is the same thing, again only read about those but definitely some interest. I'd also be interested in that but I don't have a 4000 :-/ Certainly open for a trade of some sort or I'm sure you'll end up getting a bidder at the VCGM.

bad pic, all i have is a cell phone.

the pc emulator is a "pc emulator a2000" i assume its for a amiga 2000 but it should work with a a3000 or a4000.

the disks are for the mac emplant card. one disk is for "emplant e586dx" which i think is for a diffrent card then the "pc emulator" card i have.

again i don't know if this stuff works but it should. i'm moveing soon and most everything already or is getting packed up. i'll take money (don't know what any of this is worth in its state) as for trades id take any kind of ram expansions for an amiga or any cib amiga/pc games i don't have. mostly intrested in rpg/adventure games. a working scsi cd-rom drive or a scsi hard drive for a old compact mac (80mb or more). i could also possibly use a socket 7 mb. as for none pc related stuff....possibly tg-16 games us or jp that i don't own. its a pretty broad trade list. i can do cash/trade to if anyone wants. i would keep these cards and play around with them but i really have no use since i own several macs and dos pc's. id rather give them to someone that would use them and get something else i would use myself.

sold an Amiga "not that long ago" with a pretty sweet set up and I think a 386 bridgeboard which honestly would have sold for about $150 a few years ago.

Actually, if I remember correctly, it was a '286.

Still, like you say the bridgeboards are interesting, but they can be extremely annoying as a lot of programs don't like having to travel down the ISA buss, cross over to the Zorro buss to the outputs. Particularly the floppy drives can be extremely finicky. Ditto video!

I tried a separate floppy/hard drive controller and video controller so essentially I was just using the keyboard, but the performance on the lower, slower bridgeboards is pretty painful.

However, just the ability to say you're running 2 or 3 or more different OS's (Amiga, Mac, DOS, Windows) has a coolness factor about it that gets retro computists drooling.

I even considered running a CP/M emulator on the DOS side, but while it worked, it was excruciatingly slow!

FWIW, the Bridgeboard software should technically just need Amiga Janus and then the Commodore-branded DOS/GW-Basic. I have the Janus - somewhere - as I've the 80286 version of the bridgeboard complete with the daughter-card that so many that crop up on ebay seem to be missing.

I'll send PM about the Emplant... I've several things that you may be interested in.

Back