• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Wanted List Enhanced DOS utility, * registered * version by Buerg Software

I am looking for the whole package , I have some list versions to work too...
On 2010 I tried to register the program but unfortunately I was too late... :( paypal refunded me after 2-3 months and later I found mr. Buerg died unexpectedly... I was even trying to phone/fax him....

I've got a registered copy of List-Plus, but not the enhanced.

There are a couple of Windows-based programs that attempt to duplicate the function; ZBList and ListXP.

I was in the same boat... back in the day, I used the shareware version of List religiously, but being a high school kid/early college kid paying his own way (so zero funds), I couldn't swing it. Went to do it as I got back into this hobby full gear...and he found out he was gone.

The registered version has some nice features, and I wouldn't mind having it either. But the shareware versions still work great....

I've been a user of LIST 7.3d for over a decade now. I even use it today in Windows XP. I tried the newer versions but didn't like how hitting Esc dumps you out to the directory you originally started the program in, rather than the directory you've currently navigated to within LIST.

This is definitely the best lister ever. I would love to have this available in the *NIX environment where there isn't the file management luxuries like this that we enjoy in the DOS world. It would be nice to register it, but nevertheless I've been using it since about when it first came out. I can't see what use it would be for navigating though. Either CD or, if you're jumping over directories and drives, use something like EDC and go directly there by typing the name.

Hiya!

I am looking for a registered copy of List Enhanced , a DOS utility by Buerg Software.
Mr. Buerg suddenly died on Jan 2010 so there is no way to actually get it anymore :(

Here is it's homepage, now gone but saved by web.archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20061111022333/www.buerg.com/list.htm

Long shot but if someone here has a copy and willing to sell it, please PM me. Thanks!

apologies if this is out of order... attached is what i found from my bbs machine circa 1992... missing fv.com which i had replaced with a version of shez... cannot find the original disc which i am guessing was lost in a house move! (although i have found shrink wrapped copies of pkzip/pkunzip 1.1 and 2.0 .. oh and teledisk :) )
if any mods feel this file should be deleted i apologise in advance!

Attachments

• LISTE.ZIP
    40.8 KB · Views: 5
Smith Corona also used 2.8 inch floppy disks in some of their word processors.

That's a very different animal (I have some, as well as the drives and a WP and the hardware to read them). They were only called 2.8" by SCM; I think others called the same disks under a different branding as used on sequencers and samplers 3". It was also used with the Famicom gamimg system. Your basic spiral-written windshield-wiper format--really more like a tape than a traditional disk.

Last edited:
I appreciate the link-back. I actually grabbed that awhile ago.. I'm just all for preserving as much software as can be preserved, and it seems to me that registered shareware stuff is probably the least-covered of software preservation efforts, since, with little exception, their volume of sales was probably much less than most retail software of the time.

I appreciate the link-back. I actually grabbed that awhile ago.. I'm just all for preserving as much software as can be preserved, and it seems to me that registered shareware stuff is probably the least-covered of software preservation efforts, since, with little exception, their volume of sales was probably much less than most retail software of the time.

This is a problem that we in the community really need to address. I've advocated setting up an online SW store where old SW authors could sell their wares (not to be confused w/ warez) for a couple of bucks (like 0.99 - $5) and generate registration codes for the buyers. Heck they could just have a registered version they could sell (e.g. the last produced version) and not even have registration headaches. The SW would be sold w/o any support 9except community). Those guys make a few bucks and we get our favorite SW in registered format.

Back