• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What do you think of my Vic-20

PgrAm

Experienced Member
I've had this stuff for a while and I figured its time to show it off.

I got all this stuff from a guy on craigslist for $50, Its a gold-badge early model Vic-20 and it came all in the original boxes.

so here's the stuff, if you look closely you can see my model II genesis, NES and power-glove in the background.
DSC_0021.jpgDSC_0022.jpgDSC_0023.jpg

The result will be the same. :)

If you want to display the pics natively you will need to u/l them to some third party host and post their link.

I'd definitely say it's a good deal - everything has the original boxes! And you have the (probably) rare white atari joystick that commodore sold to match the vic-20. I was just talking with my cousin who wants a vic-20 for nostalgic reasons (his first computer); hope to run into this kind of deal for him.

Vic-20

Vic-20

I can almost say the VIC-20 was my first computer - but it wasn't, I had a TRS-80 Model 1 before that, back in '78 - but when I did buy the VIC-20 a few years later I was thrilled with the thing. The TRS-80 was ok and I learned BASIC with it, but by 1980 I grew tired of it's (to me), limited use. When the VIC-20 came out and with it 'color' and 'sound' and game cartidges it just looked like a whole lot more fun - and it was! So, I fondly remember the TRS-80 Model 1 but the fun began with the VIC-20. My original VIC-20 I long ago gave away - but I replaced it a few years back and with a bunch of new goodies in carts and accessories.
I always enjoy seeing pics of fellow enthusiasts vintage machines, and here's what mine looked like when last I took some pictures of it -

attachment.php

attachment.php

I also bought a few more items after these pictures. I got a 16K cart and some Atari joysticks and several nifty books.

It'd be nice if some of the other members here would post pics of their VIC-20 setups in this thread too :)

Anybody that's seen any of my posts in here in the past few years knows I usually post pictures being that, as they say, a picture is worth 1K words :) - You can visit my picture albums for lots more pics I've put up at one time or another too.

That white joystick is really neat! I knew they existed but have never seen one in the wild, would love to have that. Excellent score overall, all boxed for that much? Yep, great score.

Out of curiosity, is there a good picture for reference between the keyboard styles on the Vic-20? I wasn't aware they had changed. I'm either poor at noticing those things or have only come across the same type ;-)

Back