• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

For Sale: spotted on Craigslist (continuous sightings)

Kinda odd deal, (rings a minor caution bell) but "9 boxed gaming systems" $300 in Amarillo, TX . Honestly it's worth it if it's legit. Not TOO vintage but an Atari 7800, SNES, NES boxed then some newer systems all boxed. Again, seems a bit low pricing so caveat empor. or as Firefox wants the old saying to go, caveat emperor.

Actually, it's probably not too far off, especially if say, the SNES is badly yellowed, or his games are all crappy. By the time you figure in eBay's ~10% take, and the possibility of buyers screwing you over, not to mention having to wait upwards of 21 days before you receive your funds... the appeal of selling on Craigslist and taking a slight hit on the "total" you might have gotten become more and more palatable.

Yeah it does seem odd that there aren't more pictures of the systems, although to be honest I'd say it's more difficult to find the boxes than the systems these days. Given if they're just loose inside and yeah damaged goods then it's another thing. I'd say he'd double his profits if he took good pics and showed everything working, but that's the enticement for the sale. Just for me it's not worth an 8 hour one-way drive just to see if it's good or not.

$1500 (think it's overpriced) but Apple (later) lot with a hell of a lot of disks to sift through Loose disks yes, but certainly an instant collection for someone nearby or perhaps they'll end up compromising in price. It's in Lincoln (Nebraska?/kansas?)

In my experience that much software and Apple stuff together always ends up having come from a school. The teacher either eventually took it home or someone got it from a school. The software always ends up very disappointing unless you're into Apple II based phonics lessons or math quizzes.

Quite possible, but also the number of folks searching for yet to be rediscovered educational apps from school that'd probably be something a collector might find worth imaging. Given I still think he needs to lower by a grand or so. But hey, what if he happened to have loose A/UX disks in there or somethin'? ;-)

Back