• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

WTB: Ampro Little Board 80186

Thanks, I think we'd like as close as possible to the original board to be safe.
Our board has another Ampro expansion protoboard that plugs into the CPU socket and has the 80186 CLCC CPU on it. We'd want the compatible 68 pin CPU socket on the main board.
I'm not sure if we could incorporate a V40 socket.

Is there a chance the Ampro V40 would be compatible with the expansion board?

Is there a chance the Ampro V40 would be compatible with the expansion board?

Probably not, if you say it was designed to plug into the 80186 CPU socket. While the NEC V40 chip is software-compatible with the 80186, in terms of hardware, it is an embedded version of the V20, and thus has an 8-bit external data bus, versus the 80186's 16-bit bus.

I have a 1985 Little Board with a 80186. Chip says Intel 1978. On the bottom it has a60061-2 as a number to the right of the little board marking. Not sure if it works or not, got it from Terry and he never tried it either.

I purchased this board from cobracon to evaluate, and would like one more as a backup. If anyone else has one to sell, let me know.

Also, if you have known good 5.25" 360k drive (LD only) with an available datasheet for jumper settings, let me know.

Thanks again,
Dave

Back