• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Leisure Suit Larry is about to return...

I hadn't heard of this - thanks for the link!

I'll be following on this one... and will probably "back" it. Just because it's Al. And Josh. And Larry.

Now... if they could just pry the Space Quest license away so we could finally see SQ7....

Laugh - shaddup :) And thanks again for the link... as much as it'll... hurt... i'm thinking that the $100 backing is for me. I want the game on my shelf. The card deck and poker chips are a nice touch too, but at an extra $150 for 'em, there's no way.

Curious... did you sign up to back it? I've previously only ever signed up for digital copy backings of games (I'll forgo the rant on how much I abhor the "digital copy" thing and how that just doesn't feel like I "own" anything)

Liar! :) - heh, if I had the unlimited funds, I'd have just paid Al for the personal appearance thing long ago... he's got some great stories about the place, and I find it extremely interesting that he went from teaching music in public schools to programming for Sierra - an never having had any programming experience prior.

Have you checked out the "backings" for some of the other adventure games by AGDI, Jane Jensen, etc? I have yet to back any of those, though the digital download will probably happen on most of them.

It's official... I'm now a LSL Backer!

Haven't had time yet to read through their forums or interviews, but it seems that the organizer behind it all was a 12-year-old beta tester for Sierra who got to know many of the programmers and game designers personally. He's in negotiations to get the Space Quest rights now, and if he gets it, Scott Murphy's already said he'll join the team. This would reunite the duo that brought us Space Quest VI as Josh Mandel is already on-board!

They're even talking to Roberta and Ken Williams about the possibility of their involvement with the King's Quest games should they be successful in gaining those rights (though it's been licensed to TellTale Games who supposedly has a new KQ in development, so we'll see)

All in all... they're quite ambitious! And it's definitely gotten Al excited enough to get back in the swing of things full-scale... so it should be interesting to watch!

Leisure Suit Larry set for second coming <- the title is wrong. This would be the third coming as Larry 1 had a VGA remake already.

Yep, 3rd remake, not 2nd! >.<

I cant wait for the game to come out tbh. This is one of the dos games I love most! :D

*starts wishing for a Street Rod remake

Being a person who actually played the original LL, I'm very tempted to pay up and help out, just have to see how much I can afford O_O

I've only played the original, and I find it's offensive content awesome, so I'd play this remake for sure.
But what other LSL titles are good like the original? I see Al Lowe likes 2,3,4 - but I'd heard bad things about the sequels? or was that just people being drama queens?

I've only played the original, and I find it's offensive content awesome, so I'd play this remake for sure.
But what other LSL titles are good like the original? I see Al Lowe likes 2,3,4 - but I'd heard bad things about the sequels? or was that just people being drama queens?

I played the game up to release 3, then I moved on to Doom :p

Back