• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Twiggy Mac 128K

Of course. It had to be that guy.
Me and a friend know him well down here. He's on every mac newsletter on the coast and has strings in companies like Encorp, Recycling alternative and the ERA. When a piece of mac gear surfaces, he has first dibs or he first lowballs, then buys it. His house is a hoarded mess (there is mac stuff EVERYWHERE) and he's got issues. Everyone down here knows he has everything and anything and he will sell it to you for an inflated price. He makes Appletekk look full of bargains.
If he persuades someone to buy that thing for $100000, I'll eat a floppy disk. Most likely though he'll drop the price eventually.

Looks like a greedy bathturd to me. The way that stuff is piled up, I can tell he's the type that wants this stuff all for himself.

FWIW... and I don't know or care about this guy... and hate that he gypped an old man out of something valuable, making him think it had a "good home" when his plan all along was to sell it.... but I looked through the thumbs of all of his pix last night. This was the only one of any of the places that he was at that looked junky, and from his expression, it's like he's making a joke or something more'n anything. IMO, taking all the photobucket pix in contrast, and knowing nothing else about the guy, casting aspersions about hoarding might be a bit harsh.

Though again, you guys would probably know better than me. I just don't like when ppl use false pretenses to get something for next-to-nothing, and that's all I'd need to know to stay away from this guy.

Well, it's a bit obvious with the pricing that he just put the max for every entry I guess.. obviously $1500 for shipping is a bit off. Is that him in that pic for a sec (no offense, I've only seen ya once in your commercial for The Hackery) I almost thought that was Next.

Also to clarify, the user "mactwiggy" that posted here is *NOT* the current seller of it. mactwiggy posted on another forum that he sold it to the current owner/eBay seller.

Hmm, does his shipping amount include shipping the thing to the ISS? If not then it is a bit off... I also doubt he will get $100k for it, it is rare but I simply don't think there is that much demand for it.

I'm a bit hesitant to ask if there are any vintage computers worth $100k.

Yes, but not consumer microcomputers.

Just about any complete 1960's mainframe from IBM, Burroughs or CDC could be sold for at least that much today
since almost all of them were scrapped when the price of gold went through the roof in the 70's.

Just about any complete 1960's mainframe from IBM, Burroughs or CDC could be sold for at least that much today since almost all of them were scrapped when the price of gold went through the roof in the 70's.

Or they were leased, not purchased, or exchanged for an upgrade with the manufacturer. CDC in particular had a company policy of reducing any equipment taken out of service to rubble (bolt cutters and hammers). This arose from the discovery of a site with a system made up of many "gray market" components. Apparently, Bob Price hit the roof when news got to him that CDC was competing against components it sold to scrapyards.

I wonder if this is the same CDC I was working for before I worked at Evanstan/Northwestern. I worked for a company that dealt with trade shows, mostly selling refurbished technology. Was my first real tech job where I Was subcontracted, I would image and build systems from their mounds of parts. Name of the company was CDC, located in Rosemont IL. If I recall correctly, company I worked for went out of business in 1997/1998?

Hmm, does his shipping amount include shipping the thing to the ISS? If not then it is a bit off... I also doubt he will get $100k for it, it is rare but I simply don't think there is that much demand for it.

..there is already 1 bid ... unbelievable

but I know of a 2nd mac twiggy (exactly the same as auctioned) here in Europe.. so it isnt the only one definitely..

Hm.. looks like it ended with 0 bids? (Retracted?) here is the current auction. Hm, also an interesting priced Lisa 1 he's selling now also. I really haven't seen an Lisa I at auction for a while so not sure what the estimated value is anymore. Doubt it's anything close to the $25000 he's asking, but Lisa 2s today seem to sell around $800-$1200. I recall he mentioned he might sell an Apple I soon.

edit: Oh wow, missed the part that the Lisa 1 is boxed. That's interesting.

Back