• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pristine CGA monitor and card

Ouch. :( ya that shipping Oh my Lord... $161.39 Canada Post Xpresspost - USA Eek!

I'll never find one reasonable. Sigh. At least I have my Samtron Cga. :D Not the same on top an XT though... Hopefully, one of these days I'll find a dead one cheap to resurrect or for some crazy low price at a yard sale.

Be a nice addition to my 5155, for color display, but ugh at paying around an extra $30 for crappy UPS delivery...

Might keep this one in mind though, stuff doesn't tend to show up so often here in oil and cow country, heh.

The biggest issue for me is the $27 handling/packing fee.

Is it still worth it with the $100 shipping cost?

Is it still worth it with the $100 shipping cost?

I don't know how things work on Canada, but in Brazil I've never seen one like this. If you'are interested in a Roland set, please let me know.

I ship multisyncs from coast to coast via FEDEX and to assure their safe, one-piece arrival I always let FEDEX pack it up in-store. That costs $25 - $30 in addition to the shipping charges so they're not cheap to package properly. But they always arrive safely so in the end, everybody's happy.

Yeah, now that I think about it, if you let the store package it it does cost quite a bit. I suppose when you're shipping something as heavy as a monitor it's probably best to let someone else package it up.

I've always packed myself so all I was thinking was $8 box + $7 bag of packing peanuts = $15 :oops: But of course there's probably a lot more to it than just that.

Took a look on eBay and it appears that it's worth at least the $100 shipping charge, might be interested.

By now I've pretty much got their technique sorted out. They don't use peanuts at all. They wrap the CRT in bubble wrap and then surround the monitor on all six sides with crumpled, heavy duty brown wrapping paper. That's pretty much it. It works really well but it does take quite a bit of that heavy gauge brown wrapping paper.

By now I've pretty much got their technique sorted out. They don't use peanuts at all. They wrap the CRT in bubble wrap and then surround the monitor on all six sides with crumpled, heavy duty brown wrapping paper. That's pretty much it. It works really well but it does take quite a bit of that heavy gauge brown wrapping paper.

Man... I'd freak if a monitor arrived to me with brown paper for packing! laugh... I'm a big fan of the spray-foam-in-a-bag technique, though when I ship monitors, I've been known to go pull big foam pieces out of my office's warehouse and custom-cut the foam to fit the monitor (I work for a cable company, so we get alot of shipping foam with our gear). It does usually take about an hour of my time to do this, however... if there were a Fedex or UPS store, I'd probably use that instead, making the buyer handle the charges.

$ 145.58 Surface International Parcel to Brazil, Canada Post ... sounds tempting.

Anyone in Waterloo are up to have a BIG time waste by shipping this to Brazil? :confused:

But this auction will end very high, this kit are in perfect condition, the best thing now is stop dreaming...

Man... I'd freak if a monitor arrived to me with brown paper for packing!
Why? If it arrives in perfect condition what's the problem? The paper was crumpled into solid wads in the box. I thought you saw Frank's when he got it. It's an excellent method and I'm sure FEDEX wouldn't be using it if it didn't work. :)

Why? If it arrives in perfect condition what's the problem? The paper was crumpled into solid wads in the box. I thought you saw Frank's when he got it. It's an excellent method and I'm sure FEDEX wouldn't be using it if it didn't work. :)

laugh... If I told you that I was the guy who always won the "design a package that allows a raw egg to survive a 5-story drop" in Physics class, would you believe me? :)

I did see Frank's monitor... I've used it too :) I'm just anal retentive about my packaging - I've loaded trucks, I've unloaded trucks, and I've worked in the back room of shipping depots.. those guys are NOT careful with their charges, so I pack to ensure that no matter what they do to my package, it arrives safely.

The seller does clearly state in the listing that the ebay calculated shipping quote is not accurate, and that he will instead be shipping with UPS.

I would count on it costing a little more than that.

I used the dimensions and 30 pounds from the auction page to calculating, directly from Canada post page.

Back