• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Releasing v0.1 of my monitor!

glitch

Veteran Member
Well, I've got my code cleaned up to a point that I'm willing to let other people see it :D

https://github.com/chapmajs/glitchworks_monitor

This is the result of the start of my 8085 SBC monitor. I decided to do something modular in case other people are interested in adapting it to their 8080-compatible hardware. Right now, only the CP/M 2.2 I/O module is up, but I'll be adding several others as I clean them up. I currently have one for the Processor Technology 3P+S board, my 8085 SBC's serial interface, and the N8VEM/S100computers.com Serial IO board.

This is an open-source project, and contribution is both welcome and encouraged!

this looks pretty cool, good work! i wish i had an 8080 system i could try it on. do you have some kind of emulator you test it on?

this looks pretty cool, good work! i wish i had an 8080 system i could try it on. do you have some kind of emulator you test it on?

Thanks! I usually test out bits of code during the workday using gnusim8085, which is an 8085 simulator and assembler. Other than that, it's all tested on actual hardware -- most of the code was written on my Kaypro II. You could build it with the CP/M I/O module and use it under one of the available Z80 emulators that includes CP/M, tho.

Back