• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Old CPU Chip(s) AMD X5 P75? and Intel

g4ugm

Veteran Member
Any one collect CPU chips?

DSCF3426.jpg

Also have:-

Cyrix PR233 686
Intel Pentium P100
AMD K6 2/500
IBM x686
Cyrix Mii-300GP
Intel Pentium i166
IBM SX86L (PR166+)
Intel 486 Dx2-80

All available for the cost opf P&P from the UK

Dave

Neon,

They are yours if you want, but let me know quickly as some one else PMd me. Postage to the US is likely to be $10 - $15.
Now I have unpacked it the 486DX2-80 is an "it'sST" not an intel. Never heard of these. Says "Made in Canada" on the bottom. Photo of top attached.

DSCF3427.jpg

I have 2 x SY062 and 1 x SZ996 & 1 x sx963 of the P100
The 166 says i166 and SY037 pic below

DSCF3430.jpg

pics of the 686's also attached.

DSCF3431.jpg

Dave

If someone else is wanting them also.. I'm happy to share
I would be happy with just these 3
ST DX2-80, Pentium 100 SZ996 & IBM 6x86L PR166+

I am actually in Australia.. so will send my address

Last edited:
Hrmm I sure love to have that 486.. dang a few minutes too late! I am a huge Cyrix buff though, if you don't want them I sure love to have them in my collection. The MII I would actually use in one of my machines. I had an MII in it, but somehow when i replaced the heatpaste a pin got bent putting it back in. Tried to straighten it but it broke! So now it has a p233 in it... its an IBM Aptiva. Love to have that IBM Pr300 chip for it!

But willing to take what Neon don't want (The 2 cyrix, one being IBM Pr300, and the K6 500 and 5x86), and thank you immensely for your generosity! :D TY! I also promise to not sell them for profit or melt them for gold scrap! I will love them and take extra special care. I'm a huge 486 + socket 7 buff. And if anyone needs a cpu I have and dont use, I will return the favor in the future.

And if you dont ever want that 486 or wish to trade Neon let me know, its one of the few 486's I don't have! I have at least 20 diff 486 cpus, so if your looking to complete a collection let me know , maybe each us has chips the other wants! :D

Last edited:
Ty ty ty :D Woot! Been wanting one ever since I found out about a few models I never even knew existed! I love to test its performance against the 5x86! :D

Ya I'm missing a few models, this 80, a dx4/90, dx2 100 and dx4/120 I think, and an sx-16 which I have yet to see one in person. Been looking a while now too! :D WOOT WOOT WOOT! And I dont have a huge collection of Socket 7 yet, but I do have some, maybe 10. Most all are amd/intel though. Only cyrix I have is the one I broke, and had that since new believe it or not! MII 300/66. Maybe one day I can try to repair it. It is after all just the corner pin. :D

So I'll take the 486, the 5x86 and the IBM PR300. And if anyone doesn't want the other cyrix or k6-2 or the p166 I'll def take them, as I don't have those yet (never seen a black p166, all mine are ceramic) ...

Thank you a bunch Dave! Def will owe ya one! :D

Last edited:
long as your cards can run on a 40MHz bus.. the setup does well
SX-16 was used in embedded computer systems so most were soldered to the motherboard

Actually I have a Micronics VLB based 486 Dell that I can play with it in! :D My precious! LoL. First new PC I ever purchased. And still use it weekly! :D 40 FSB works great on it, 50 FSB the VLB cirrus logic video card throws a fit and it doesnt boot. :( One of these days I'll buy a 486 PCI motherboard to hit 50fsb with, unless by some miracle someone knows of a VLB video card that is verified to work at 50 FSB

Now if I could only find 512kb cache for it >.> At least I have 256k in it atm, stock was 128k. Donated from a dead IBM valupoint dx2/66.

Believe it or not the sx-16 came in PGA as well! Most likely will be the hardest for me to find sadly.
http://mixeurpc.free.fr/SITE_x86-guide/Photos/Grandes/17/Intel486SX-16.jpg

And if anyone wants the other cpus, and lives here in the USA, more then happy to send em out to ya for P&P, to save the OP (Dave) trouble and save some cost :)

Last edited:
OK so can those who actually want what they have asked for and what I have said they can have post me a PM with your address and what you want me to send. I'll get firm prices. Looks like the USA is about $10-$15, Australia is more expensive about £15 which I think is around $25 Austrailian. But prices do depend on weight so I need to pack things up to get an exact price.

Dave

I was luck enough to find a Enterprise III 486 Server system so I can play around with my DX-50s
Whoever originally had it must of had some dough.. maximum cache & memory plus every card slot filled with a top end card from video thru to scsi-raid

SX-16 was used in embedded computer systems so most were soldered to the motherboard
When I was talking about soldered.. I was meaning the PGA variety of SX-16 chips
These are rarely in a socket but commonly soldered directly to the board

Last edited:
Right I think I have PMs from most folks with addresses. However I am overwealmed by the demand and so it will take me a couple of days to sort out some packing and get it all down to the post office. I don't have enough small boxes/jiffy bags (why do I throw them out) so i'll have to scrounge some from work...

And if anyone wants the other cpus, and lives here in the USA, more then happy to send em out to ya for P&P, to save the OP (Dave) trouble and save some cost :)
I'd be glad to split the chips with you for P&P or trade. (Chicago here!)
PM sent.

When I was talking about soldered.. I was meaning the PGA variety of SX-16 chips
These are rarely in a socket but commonly soldered directly to the board

Thinking about how every company was trying to save money and undercut each other back then, does not surprise me. If a machine had an sx-16, it was already the most bargain bin of the bargain bin cpus, so why waste money on a socket! (company pov)

Lot of these machines would be plugging away for 10 - 20 years in the embedded market.
commonly used in POS units.. even DX2-66 486 units have only just been retired from service in the past few years.
plenty enough to run DOS based software and no need for a fan to keep CPU cool.. so one less thing to go wrong

Right, I think we are as follows:-

The Lazy 1
==========

AMD x5 P75

Neon
====

Pentium 100 SZ996 & IBM 6x86L PR166+

TwoLazy
=======

486 dx2/80
IBM 6x86mx Pr300,
Cyrix 686MX -PR233
Cyrix MII 300gp
Intel Pentium i166

That leaves three x Pentium P100 (sx936, 2 x 2y062)
1 x EL486 Dx33 which is sadly bonded to a heat sinkl.

Shall I send these to TwoLazy so he can ship to others in the US? It might put the price up as P100 seem quite heavy..

Thank you thank you thank you! Just received the chips in the mail today. I'll drop you a pm to straighten out what I owe you. Can't wait to play with a few of them this weekend. So made my day! :D

Back