• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

@COST of shipping divided by two [HYBRID C64 POWER SUPPLY] : ALMOST FREE

kiyotewolf

Experienced Member
I'm giving away a Commodore 64 power supply, with both back story, and then some.

It will be given to whoever promises to reimburse me half the cost of shipping.

~Paul

It is a C128 power supply, modded with a C64 plug.

It is further modded, where the power plug to the wall was cut off, and since now been replaced.

TESTED : VERIFIED : WORKING : video proof is able to be created if necessary for interested parties.

DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS, PLACE QUESTIONS AND REPLIES HERE ONLY.

Last edited:
I'd just like to add that this kind of PSU is what you need if you have a 1764 or similar RAM expansion unit, since the original C64 power supply is a bit too weak to power it with a memory expansion plugged in. The REU's originally came with a such custom PSU, but many of the RAM expansions nowadays are sold without matching power supply.

I've never heard of wiring a C128 power supply for a C64. What's the pinouts? What's the "cautions" for it?

Curious because I've a few C128 power supplies that I trust, and along with several old C64 power supplies that I don't trust.

I am talking about a legitimate Commodore 128 power supply.

Inside, the 128C plug was removed, from inside the casing.

It was changed over to having a C64 power plug, by a legitimate Commodore repair man, from The Decatur Commodore Computer Club, Decatur IL, circa 1990 +/-.

The reason that the POWER PLUG side of the Commodore brick - on - a - string was lopped (cut) off, was I was in Middle School, and was ignorant, because the colors of the wires inside were color coded to European electrical standards. Blue, Brown, then Green/Yellow stripe.

Because at the time, there was no internet in my house, except rumors I heard about it at an outdoor barbeeque, I had no idea how to reattach a proper standard American 120V 3 pin power plug to it again, I let it sit carefully, and safely, in a toted, inside, in controlled temperature and humidity conditions.

I became a 1st Year IBEW Electrician, and then knew how to re-connect American color coded 120VAC power plugs, to the proper wires, which were European color coded.

The proof, is the pudding, because, I plugged in my Commodore 64, and ran it, not 20 days ago, then put the Commodore 64 away again.

~Paul

I reassure that I will not ask for any such reimbursement for half the shipping costs, unless the item arrives safely first, and works as promised by me.

"If it's still available"

You're the first one who's said, in this thread so far, "I'd", and "get" so far, so you're attempt to send, number one.

~Paul

my email is tgwvtgwv [at] gmail [dot] [com] please send me an email with info, your address, name, .. so I can at least send it as far as your doorstep.

I am talking about a legitimate Commodore 128 power supply.

As was I, which was why I was asking about the pinout for wiring up a C64 power connector to the C128 PS. Legitimate C= repairmain or not, I can trace out a connection, desolder an old wire, and solder on a new one with the best of 'em - just usually a bit slower :)

Thanks, carlsson... I wasn't even thinking of using pinouts.ru - was thinking more of the PCB-side of the connection. Sometimes "if I only had a brain..." should be my theme song ;)

Back