• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

New aquired 286 machine - some questions

diodenmann

Experienced Member
I got this 286 PC (12 MHz, 1 MB RAM, 130 MB HD):

Does anybody recognize this machine or the manufacturer ? The Bios-ID is D286-5004-040990-K8

I would like to upgrade the thing with an additional RAM-card providing a total memory amount of at least 2 MB.
Since the case limits the maximum length of expansion cards, most of the RAM-card models around will not fit, I think... any recommendations ?

Look for memory expansion cards that use 30-pin SIMMs instead of DIP chips, they are usually fairly short. DFI MegaLith is one that would probably fit.

Is that first picture the case? It looks like a Blender or a Monitor stand or something, interesting.

Before his upload service resized the image and slaughtered my screen with adverts, I'm pretty certain I spotted a 287 too.

Edit: definately an AMD 287-12

Before his upload service resized the image and slaughtered my screen with adverts, I'm pretty certain I spotted a 287 too.

Edit: definately an AMD 287-12
Really what a lousy choice for pic storage -- redirects and other crapola everywhere. I'm stayin' away from that one.

BTW I've got an Intel D80287-10 that's tested and works fine if anybody's interested.

Back