• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Paradise CGA with only one color palette

Yes, but there are multiple palettes available. Magenta/Cyan/White is one, but it should also show Green/Red/Brown (the first photo,) and there is even an unusual Cyan/Red/White, which appears to be what this one is stuck in, showing the third palette in place of the two more common ones.

In fact, doing some reading, it looks like the third palette comes from "disabling the composite color burst bit while in graphics mode." Maybe that's just stuck on your card?

In fact, doing some reading, it looks like the third palette comes from "disabling the composite color burst bit while in graphics mode." Maybe that's just stuck on your card?

looking at TULARC - at least one version of this card has onboard switches to choose between "RGB color", "composite color" and "composite B&W": http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/graphic...GITAL-CORPORATION-CGA-PARADISE-MODULAR-G.html

Maybe the card is just set to "composite B&W" - this probably force-disables the color burst bit... using RGB output that could produce the cyan/red/white palette as shown.

Since you're on a commodore display, can we assume that's a composite connection and not a RGBI? If so, I'd agree with el_VR that it's likely the color burst line is either stuck, or disabled somehow.

Check what that tularc page says -- I'd not be surprised if you're set to either MDA display or Composite B&W, instead of color or color composite.

If it was a composite signal, any output lacking the color-burst would actually show up as grey. My (uneducated) guess is that this is actually RGB(I), the card just needs to be jumpered correctly.

Yes, the display is a Commodore 1084S with RGBI, and the card is jumpered as tularc page says. Maybe that info is not correct, i will try another jumper combinations.
Thanks for the answers!

Mystery solved, jumper P2 must be in 1-2 position (Composite Color). TH99 says that this jumper is N/A when RGB output is used.

Back