• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

FREE: Old computer equipment - for collection only

BrianC

I am currently offering the following items on Freecycle:

OFFERED: Old computer equipment - STOTFOLD

I have a number of very old but working dot-matrix printers, ribbons, cables and some continuous stationary. Dry-stored for years but now must go. May suit enthusiastic collector, school, small business or museum!

I also need to clear out other items including 5.25" and 3.5" floppy disks (new and used), printer switches, network cables, etc.

Last, but not least (and in all honesty, probably not the last either!):
Canon combi A4 ink-jet printer/scanner. Scanner works, printer has a problem with black striping which may or may not respond to cleaning for which I have neither the time, patience or ink cartridges!

These are part of a major de-cluttering exercise involving other non-computer 'junk' (SWMBO's description) or 'interesting collectables' (as I prefer!).
I will list the main items when I have time, but if you are interested or can suggest a good home for this stuff, please email me via this forum for details.

BrianC

UPDATE:

Very brief summary of some of the main items.

1. OKI Microline ML82A Printer
Used 80-column dot-matrix printer with tractor feed attachment.
Case faded or discoloured due to age, but in good working condition.

2. OKI Microline ML84 Printer
Used 132-column dot-matrix printer with tractor feed attachment.

3. Mannesmann Tally MT81
Used 80-column dot-matrix printer.

4. OKI Microline ML80 Printer Ribbons
61 individually boxed ribbons to fit ML82/83 printers.

5. OKI Microline ML84 Printer Ribbons
12 individually boxed ribbons to fit ML84 printers.

6. Olivetti ET111 Typewriter Ribbons
5 individually boxed.

7. 3.5" 1.0Mb Floppy Disks
6 boxes of 10 disks.

8. Olivetti ET111 Typewriter Daisywheels & Adapters
2 daisywheels marked “12 Eletto 016” and “12.10 Teletex”, plus 3 adapters.

Some clarification on other items, following some enquiries:

* 5.25" disks are DSDD - currently I only seem to have 4 boxes unopened (i.e. 40 disks). Everything else of this size with software on may have gone to the tip along with loads of old PCs in an earlier clear-out or be buried somewhere. I may keep these DSDD floppies to go with my ICL Model 10 PC (Rair Black Box) if/when I advertise it.

* Plenty of 3.5" disks still available - both unused blanks and licensed software disks (Mostly Microsoft Office and similar; manuals already gone to the tip).

* Will probably hang on to the stationery to go with the printers but if they go to landfill I'll let those who have expressed an interest know about the paper.

* 3 printer switches available. No details at the moment as I haven't had time to exhume them. I think they are a mix of parallel and serial switches mainly used for printer sharing between PCs. Quite a few PC parallel printer cables available, plus random 25-way cabling with various Cannon D-type and similar connectors used for network and/or peripheral connection.

This is really old technology and resurrecting too many memories ... large Scotch needed methinks! [Maybe I should have just taken it all straight to the tip :D ]

If anyone wants to take the whole lot, please let me know - don't all rush at once!

Finally (for today at least) - apologies if I don't reply immediately to individual enquiries. This is a spare-time activity and other life takes priority!

Wow you have a "Black Box" - is that in the ICL brown or Rair black? I pulled the case of one of those out of a skip (Black) when they were only just obsolete with the intention of building my first PC in it, as I thought it very sexy (???) but there would have been just too much cutting to get the motherboard I had (Apricot Xeni) in & I ended up with something else :-(

Did ICL (as ICL) ever design anything apart from the badges themselves?

At the risk of 'thread drift':
Mine is in ICL Brown & Beige, as is the Kokusai KDS monitor. I still have both of these packed away in their original boxes with manuals and some spare boards. I bought this through the ICL staff purchase scheme (and also the Model 30 PC which replaced it - designed and built by or in conjunction with Acer). I don't think ICL had any design input to the Model 10 series but I've just found this link, so may do some more research when I have time.
http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=752

I've only just discovered this (vintage-computer) forum whilst searching for a home for my old bits and pieces (here we are back on thread!), so will explore and see if there is any interest in the old ICL kit.

Back