• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

CPU upgrade like CX486SRX2 (clip on upgrade)

genny_flick

Hi!
I need this CPU upgrade for a Commodore Amiga bridgeboard A2386. It have an Intel 386sx/25 surface mounted so I must use clip on solution. I can pay all paypal fees :)

Thank you.

As far as I know the 486DLC was only made for pin sockets. There should be a few 486slc chips on ebay if you look long enough, but they are just not that common anymore (had 2 sold one keeping the other).

As far as I know the 486DLC was only made for pin sockets. There should be a few 486slc chips on ebay if you look long enough, but they are just not that common anymore (had 2 sold one keeping the other).

I bought that one from you, but it didn't end up working in my friends PS/2 L40sx Laptop (it was clocked to 20mhz, not 25mhz, and no way to change it that I could find).

I am in PM discussions with genny_flick, hopefully we can come to an agreement and I can pass this on to them.

Hi, I think it works in my bridgeboard A2386 (i386sx/25MHz). I have read some forums and a site where explain more on this upgrade. We (me and RWallmow) are near to agreement :)

Rino

Just an update: I have found agreement with RWallmow for his CX486SRX2, so I have payed him via Paypal. Item will be shipped at the end of the week.

Rino

Just an update: I have found agreement with RWallmow for his CX486SRX2, so I have payed him via Paypal. Item will be shipped at the end of the week.

Rino

I shipped the CPU, unfortunately tracking is apparently not an option on "flat-rate Priority Mail International". This is first time I have ever shipped anything outside the US/Canada, so I never knew this. It would have cost ALMOST the same amount "genny_flick" paid in total to mail this with tracking, so I guess since I can't track this I will make myself responsible if it is lost or damaged in transit.

Does anyone here know how long it typically takes for flat rate priority mail international to go from USA, or Canada (since I would assume its similar), to Italy?

I shipped the CPU, unfortunately tracking is apparently not an option on "flat-rate Priority Mail International". This is first time I have ever shipped anything outside the US/Canada, so I never knew this....
Well genny_flick showed me you CAN track this with the Customs number, so that's good.

Item was sold like not-working and really it was dead, but after a very accurate examination with a very strong magnifier, I have discovered some pins doesn't make contact with his socket so I have resoldered these and cpu now works flawless :)
After activation of internal cache using Cyrix setup utility I have make some benchmarks and results are very well: speed is 65% of a 486DX2/66. Not bad ;)

Thank you!

Item was sold like not-working and really it was dead, but after a very accurate examination with a very strong magnifier, I have discovered some pins doesn't make contact with his socket so I have resoldered these and cpu now works flawless :)
After activation of internal cache using Cyrix setup utility I have make some benchmarks and results are very well: speed is 65% of a 486DX2/66. Not bad ;)

Thank you!

Sorry to hear it took some soldering to get it working, I was told it was working, however I was never able to verify it myself since the only 386 I had to try it on was the L40sx laptop which we could never get to clock to 25mhz for this chip.

Glad to hear you were able to successfully repair it and that its working though, it truly found a good home with you since you were willing to put so much work into it :)

Back