• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

My old computers

monoxrom

Experienced Member
I think maybe i can create a new thread, where I will show something new in my collection.
And today this is four very old laptops (sorry for not good photo :( )

p0.jpg

p1.jpg

From left to right:
-Compaq Portable
-IBM 5155
-Panasonic Sr.Parther
-Sanyo MBC-775

First three from USA and sanyo from Czech Republic :) All in working condition.

Yes printer in working condition
But use the paper until I turned off the computer. How to stop printer after the printing? )))

a.jpg b.jpg

So when you tell it to print something, then when it finishes printing the text, it keeps feeding paper through?
There is a button on top of the paper roll. Make sure that isn't stuck, and try pressing it to see if it stops feeding the paper. That button is supposed to make the computer feed the paper, but it could work magic and stop it.;)

Nice collection... Makes my Compaq LTE Elite 486 look quite modern : )

Very-very rare Bulgarian computer IZOT 1031S (ИЗОТ 1031С)
Cpu: Eastern Germany i8080 clone, ram: 64 kb

I don't have anything old Panasonic atm. I'm jealous of a program manager at work that has a vintage 70's era Panasonic pedestal TV. I've sworn to out do him with a Sr Partner running some of my bench tools like a CAN monitor being productive in 30 years later in 2012. I figured it would be especially apropos where I work at our "Automotive Innovation Center" in "Technology Square" on the campus of Georgia Tech.

Gracious, that's the most processors I've seen in one place ever! I see a few TI 486 processors, I've got a few of those too. Nice collection.

DOS lives on!!
Really this is not big collection but "for start" - not bad

Chuck(G)
I have some slot CPUs,
like first pentium II - 233 Mhz or Pentium with ECC cache and slot pentium III
And i have slot A atlon CPU and some SUN slot processor, but they is far from here :)

Doug G
Tnak's

What i really want to find - slot Xeon CPU, i4004, NexGen and more ceramic DIP40 cpus )))

The Beehive SuperBee used an 8008, 1702A PROMs and shift registers for storage. I'm not aware of a 4004-based Beehive terminal.

SuperBee brochure.
I am moderately sure the Beehive that we serviced used a i4004. It may have been a customized model that we serviced, they used a synchronous modem connection and were only for OCLC in libraries. Or maybe my memory is playing tricks. The time frame would have been about 1974 or 5.

I am moderately sure the Beehive that we serviced used a i4004. It may have been a customized model that we serviced, they used a synchronous modem connection and were only for OCLC in libraries. Or maybe my memory is playing tricks. The time frame would have been about 1974 or 5.

Could be a QSE job, I don't know. But the terminal before the SuperBee was the MiniBee, about 1973-74 and it was all SSI TTL, though it did use a TR1402 UART, which was pretty cutting-edge. CTC designed a terminal for Microdata that was originally supposed to use the 4004, but the little chip didn't have the throughput required. So it's the 8008 that's in the Microdata 2200.

Back