• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is this not the cutest monitor ever?

TanruNomad

Veteran Member
I've wanted a small composite monitor for my Apple II for awhile now and finally picked one up. It's a Comrex CR-5400 with amber display. If I ever get a Bell & Howell system, maybe I should paint it black. Wouldn't that be the most pimp Apple II setup ever?

Cool, nice find!

I've never seen anything that small for an Apple II (excluding portable monitors, of course,) and that little thing painted black on top of a Bell and Howell box would be pretty awesome.

Did you get it from eBay, or somewhere else?

Cool, nice find!

I've never seen anything that small for an Apple II (excluding portable monitors, of course,) and that little thing painted black on top of a Bell and Howell box would be pretty awesome.

Did you get it from eBay, or somewhere else?

Yeah, I don't see a lot of 9" CRTs locally, but they are all over ebay. A local guy was selling it and some other vintage stuff and I couldn't resist its cute form factor.

Yeah, it's pretty cool, and it reminds me of my Monitor //c a little bit.

I want one now! :)

I've got one of the little Apple green screen monitors like this one

appleiic.jpg

I've got one of the little Apple green screen monitors like this one

appleiic.jpg

Me too! In fact, I have the same configuration as in that photograph (with some peripherals.)

It sure is a great quality monitor, and small too.

Me too! In fact, I have the same configuration as in that photograph (with some peripherals.)

It sure is a great quality monitor, and small too.
Yeah, I have one too, it was a REALLY popular monitor at the time, I am sure they sold millions of them.

I have used mine for a lot of stuff besides my Apple even, works well as a small CCTV security monitor when I was doing some temporary surveillance for someone with limited space.

Last edited:
Back