• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

NEW 486 Thinkpad LCDs, most in sealed boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 sliders mean DSTN and there are all kinds of models that used them and they are all different sizes and specs, you need to be specific.

2 sliders mean DSTN and there are all kinds of models that used them and they are all different sizes and specs, you need to be specific.

I did say I could provide specifics.

But DSTN mean double scan lcd. Not these. They're TFT. I don't know how you arrived at that. The 2 sliders are for brightness and contrast likely. Why does that mean DSTN??

Well ever LCD screen I have seen only has one slider for TFT and two for DSTN, but hey what do I know. Dumps some model #'s and let the buyers figure it out.

That gives me nothing, are you sure it isn't a 48G8723? That would be the screen of a Thinkpad 700C.

Why do we always have to go through this 20 questions routine...

Why can't the original post just say, "I'm in <fill in city/ZIP/etc.> and I've got some Thinkpad LCD panels for sale, FRU # 48G8723; Any interest?" and not waste time and bandwidth making us ask "what is it?", "where is it?", "How much do you want for it?" etc. Maybe even do a little research and say what model(s) they're for...

Last edited:
listen to Stone telling someone else they need common sense. Still sore from the deal you missed out on? I was going to let you have them for 75$. Nah nah nah nah nah.

THE SCREENS SAY IBM FRU 4808723. I don't believe I have anymore opened ones. Perhaps there's something on the box. I gave the FRU # from the outside of the antistatic bag. I'll have to checked the boxed ones that I have.

ZIP IS 08005. What difference would that make if you needed one??? They're not 60 lbs. each.

Just did a search on service_manual_for_IBM_ThinkPad_340X_fb60d411a5_THINKPAD 340X_700(C)_720(C)_701(C, CS)_355x_360x_370x_750x_755(C, CS, CD, CDV, CE, CSE) SM.pdf and that FRU doesn't exist (covers anything 486).

ZIP IS 08005. What difference would that make if you needed one??? They're not 60 lbs. each.
I think the difference in the final price if you or I were in Australia or South Africa, for example, could easily be the difference between buying one or scrapping. What IS the big deal for you folks who refuse to put your city or even just the country in your profile so that anyone interested has to ask every @$&% time?

Just a few points to keep in mind for future threads where somebody is selling something:

• Do not post something for sale and say you can't remember the model number. If you can't take a few more seconds to look up the model number and save the rest of us time, then you should not be posting. At a minimum you should provide a model number, or at least some identifying information. In this case knowing which of the Thinkpad models might use this would have helped.
  • For future reference IBM FRU numbers never have a numerical digit in the 3rd position. Your readers did a better job tracking down the FRU number than you did.
  • Post your location. You don't have to have it in your user profile, but that would be helpful. Also don't assume that all of your readers are in the United States.
  • Lastly, consider using the VC Marketplace if this is going to be a long running offer.

It is forgivable if a new member doesn't know the routine yet. If you've been on the board a few years or have a few hundred posts then it is hard to understand.

Mike

Tipc is going to be taking a timeout for a while.

If you want to take him up on this great deal, find a way to contact him offline or wait for the ban to lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back