• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Facebook WTF?

Tez:

I think you are right about the goverment being any help, I am just really unhappy about what kind of mess we are leaving our children and grand children.

Jimmy

I would not worry too much about it. Eventually the US will default and every other country in the world will default shortly after. So basically there will be a new start.

The original dot.com bubble was about flipping shares of stock for companies that NEVER made money and could NEVER make money. While Facebook does make a profit, it is a tiny one compared to the valuation of their stock. IPO's were supposed to help small companies finance major expansion to be come large profitable companies, FB did an IPO for no apparent reason other then to cash out, they have no plans for that cash at all. Anyway when you have billions of dollars in money rolling in from 401K's every year you have to buy something, which is why pretty much all stocks are over rated.

I would not worry too much about it. Eventually the US will default and every other country in the world will default shortly after. So basically there will be a new start.

Yep...Sometimes when things are so screwed up you just have to hit the reset button...

Tez

I wouldn't touch it at any price, the people who love using it are the ones who would not pay a cent to use it. People completely ignore the advertising and companies who purchase those ads will figure it out sooner or later. The only thing FB has going for it is data mining peoples lives and some other website can take that over sooner or later (remember myspace).

There was an article not too long ago pointing out that the majority of Americans are already in a facial recognition database (can't quite recall the actual link but there are quite a few not to mention facebook buying face.com and participating in the mining of their photos. Not get into that too much but I do feel folks forget how these sites are thinking they make so much money.

Thats why I don't post pictures of myself on the internet, nor post about my private life (outside of collecting computers). People just dump too much information about themselves onto the internet.

Thats why I don't post pictures of myself on the internet

Not to add any layers of tinfoil to your hat, but there are non-zero chances there are images of you in facial recognition databases not from the public internet. (The percentage of this goes from single digits to double digits if you live in the UK thanks to all the cameras.)

I prefer to hide in plain sight anyway ;-)

Hi
Facebook *might* be worth $3 a share -- under good economic conditions. These days though it is dropping like a rock and will soon be a penny stock IMO.

Think about this before buying Facebook: what product do they make? At most it is internet advertising which is what many many companies already do. Probably their most precious resource is your private data which they are auctioning off to the highest bidders. Like practically every other company on the internet.

I think Facebook and the whole social media fad is doomed. Facebook is a modern "second order beer can stock" for those of you who remember the last time we had tech bubble.

http://books.google.com/books?id=9D...epage&q="second order beer can stock"&f=false

Thanks and have a nice day!

Andrew Lynch

Back