• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Tandy 1000 EX, 1000 TX, DMP106 printer, Monitor, extras, for sale

Northcoaster

Tandy 1000 EX, 1000 TX, DMP106 printer, Monitor, extras, for sale

I have a small collection of Tandy 1000 computer's I'd like to sell.

Includes:

Tandy 1000TX (80286/8MHz) - Cat. No. 25-1600
Tandy 1000EX (80286/8MHz)
Tandy RGB color monitor CM-5 14" dia. viewable area
(2) 10MB harddrives (extras)
(1) Tandy Joystick
DMP 106 Dot Matrix Printer
Manuals and software

Everything is still in their original boxes, except for the EX. Everything is in excellent working condition - ran both computers and even played an old game of Prince of Persia as a test.

I bought these new in 1986(ish) and really didn't use them much (was in the Navy at the time).

Pics:
AdicB.jpg
- EX
FA4C8.jpg
- EX
S8ORJ.jpg
- DMP 106
TUWPV.jpg
- DMP 106
aAeLv.jpg
- TX (box)
Wl6Wd.jpg
- Manuals, software
M0ksh.jpg
- TX, joystick
7Gd4h.jpg
- Monitor
TjsB7.jpg
- Monitor

Would prefer to sell as a collection. I am located in the Cleveland Ohio area, would prefer to sell locally. Open to escrow. Shipping may be cost prohibitive, however, so again, prefer to sell locally.

Price? Make an offer, not looking to get rich, just trying to unclutter the house.

Thanks for looking!

My mistake, it's just one HDD. When I bought the 1000 TX the sales rep talked me into buying an extra HDD for the expansion slot. To be honest, I thought it was a 10MB drive, but it might be 40MB. I never actually installed it, it's been in it's static wrap all this time.

Here are pics of it:

4mqOD.jpg

oCSYp.jpg

I have higher res pics if you want them.

Does the 1000EX have any cards installed - like a memory card installed? I've been looking for an EX or HX with one of those for a while.

Also, I think you'll find that the EX is 8088 based, not 80286, although it does run in "turbo" mode.

<*> Jim

Does the 1000EX have any cards installed - like a memory card installed? I've been looking for an EX or HX with one of those for a while.

Also, I think you'll find that the EX is 8088 based, not 80286, although it does run in "turbo" mode.

<*> Jim

That could be, thanks for the input. I bought the TX shortly after buying the EX, so never really got familiar with it. It's exactly the same as the day I bought it, never opened it or changed anything with it. I could grab some numbers off the case or motherboard if anyone is interested.

That could be, thanks for the input. I bought the TX shortly after buying the EX, so never really got familiar with it. It's exactly the same as the day I bought it, never opened it or changed anything with it. I could grab some numbers off the case or motherboard if anyone is interested.

If you could look at the back of the machine, just above where the power cord enters the case, you'll see the "Expansion Card" area with three screw heads (three more about 4" to the left, too). If there is only a plastic cover in that area, there probably are no expansion cards. If you see any horizontal metal strips, please take a picture. If it has a sticker that says something like "Tandy Memory Card", I'd be real interested.

<*> Jim

It doesn't appear to have any other cards installed. Here is a pic of the back;

8LEhf.jpg

My mistake, it's just one HDD. When I bought the 1000 TX the sales rep talked me into buying an extra HDD for the expansion slot. To be honest, I thought it was a 10MB drive, but it might be 40MB. I never actually installed it, it's been in it's static wrap all this time.

Here are pics of it:

4mqOD.jpg

The Fuji FK302-26 is a 20 megabyte MFM drive.

Back