• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Kaypro II conIX Operating System?

billdeg

Technician
Anyone worked with the conIX operating system for the Kaypro II? I have the disks and three manuals, no Kaypro II. It's a CP/M add-on supplement kind of like others of the later CP/M era.

conIX is by Computer Helper Industries, Inc.

It would actually be an interesting vcf exhibit...CP/M Plus, conIX, Dr. DOS, Concurrent DOS. There's a story out there with the CP/M alternatives to MS DOS, and how Novell came about.

Last edited:
Pretty interesting. Reading about it (was trying to figure out if it's conix or con9) it's set of unix-like commands on top of cp/m? Have you ever seen it up and running? I just see lots of documents referencing it. Unfortunately while I have several too many Kaypros (most non-working) I lack about any useful software for them.

Next week I am going to bring the original disks and manual to someone who has a working Kaypro II (mine is not) so we can check it out and make disk images, etc. I will post the IMD files asap, assuming they'll take.

It's a CP/M addon for programmers. I have not read the manual too closely. It appears to have been a project of the previous owner to convert for use on a Visual 1050, which I do have running. If I can find the gen that works on the 1050 I can learn more..etc.

I may sell the original disks and manual, not sure. Must be rare.

Bill

Were you ever able to image the disks and bring it up on the Kaypro II?

Next week I am going to bring the original disks and manual to someone who has a working Kaypro II (mine is not) so we can check it out and make disk images, etc. I will post the IMD files asap, assuming they'll take.

It's a CP/M addon for programmers. I have not read the manual too closely. It appears to have been a project of the previous owner to convert for use on a Visual 1050, which I do have running. If I can find the gen that works on the 1050 I can learn more..etc.

I may sell the original disks and manual, not sure. Must be rare.

Bill

I don't have a Kaypro II, the person (months ago) who was going to try the software did not bring the Kaypro II as planned, the test never happened. I ended up selling the software with manuals to someone locally who could use it.

Back