• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just acquired my first Apple (IIGS-Woz): Things I should know and check?

Installed and connected the transwarp, still no post. The lamp on the top of the tw comes on, and I get a pixelated screen. No activity on the floppies. Tried this with and without the ram card, same result. Oh well, hopefully the new ROM 03 mobo is on the way.

By the way, anyone have an assembler for the IIgs?

I think you are confusing the tw card with the ram card. Do you have a pic with the cards installed? The tw card would have to hook up to the ribbon cable coming off the mobo cpu slot, so there is only a few couple of slots it could have been in, and definitely not the forward ram slot.

Huh? When I recieved the machine, the TransWarp card was on the far right, in a slot that was towards the front of the machine. So the card would go in "backwards" from the others... At no point was it near the IDE plug if that is what it is.

I was thinking that the Vulcan drive would plug into the ribbon thing....?

I managed to use the machine dozens of times without the IDE plug plugged into anything. And with the Vulcan card removed.

Last edited:
Okay, my mistake... I sent you the GS RAM card (no idea where I got that!) and somehow mistook it for a VULCAN hard drive card. I found the real deal lying around in a ridiculously disorganized plastic storage bin admist I don't what the heck is in there. The card itself was placed in the TransWarp's box.

I must be stupid... I never remembered having more than three different cards...! Turns out I had several....

Thanks for keeping looking, and I appreciate your honesty. Hopefully the Vulcan still works, so far the GS-RAM Plus has been the one diamond in rough. Though I do have hopes for bringing the Transwarp back to life, though that's going to be a project unto itself.

Okay, my mistake... I sent you the GS RAM card (no idea where I got that!) and somehow mistook it for a VULCAN hard drive card. I found the real deal lying around in a ridiculously disorganized plastic storage bin admist I don't what the heck is in there. The card itself was placed in the TransWarp's box.

I must be stupid... I never remembered having more than three different cards...! Turns out I had several....

Dracos, couldn't PM you. Your box is still full. Anyway, sending you software I found a bunch of disks along with the other stuff.

I can't believe it, but I found MORE software and manuals. I'm sending those to you since you already paid for them.

I can't believe all the places I've hidden away stuff... this time the software is 5.25 disks.

What's the progress with the Apple II GS?

Back