• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

1983 Microsoft Mouse "Green eyed mouse"

MerrickD

Experienced Member
I'm looking for an original Microsoft mouse. Here is a picture of what it looks like:medium_microsoftmouse.jpg

I don't need the interface card, but I might be willing to buy one if you have it.

Thanks!

Still haven't found one.

I'm also interested in the serial version of this mouse. If you are willing to sell/trade for one of these mice let me know.

Well, I have lots of extra PC parts around not limited to:

8-bit ISA VGA cards
Hercules card
MFM drives and controllers
ESDI drive and controller
<1GB IDE drives
Lots of 4164/41256 ram chips
CPUs (486dx2, Pentium 1 and compatibles, Cyrix MII, Pentium Pro, 80287, to name a few)
SCSI hard drives (2-4 gb)

Plenty of misc stuff as well:

Lots of Atari computer gear (printers, joysticks, disk drives, consoles)
Tandy 200 (will need to see if it still works)
PowerBook 100 (multiple working)
Apple II and IIGS cards (not sure all the ones I have. I know there are sounds cards and memory cards)
Lots of early Mac and PowerBook parts (accelerators, and other upgrades)

I have a lot of stuff that I don't use often and this list is just what I can think of at the moment. If there is anything you might be looking for I can check through what I've got in more detail, I might have whatever it is.

Well, I have lots of extra PC parts around not limited to:

8-bit ISA VGA cards
Hercules card
MFM drives and controllers
ESDI drive and controller
<1GB IDE drives
Lots of 4164/41256 ram chips
CPUs (486dx2, Pentium 1 and compatibles, Cyrix MII, Pentium Pro, 80287, to name a few)
SCSI hard drives (2-4 gb)

Plenty of misc stuff as well:

Lots of Atari computer gear (printers, joysticks, disk drives, consoles)
Tandy 200 (will need to see if it still works)
PowerBook 100 (multiple working)
Apple II and IIGS cards (not sure all the ones I have. I know there are sounds cards and memory cards)
Lots of early Mac and PowerBook parts (accelerators, and other upgrades)

I have a lot of stuff that I don't use often and this list is just what I can think of at the moment. If there is anything you might be looking for I can check through what I've got in more detail, I might have whatever it is.

The last two I've seen sell on Ebay went for in excess of $150.

Yeah, I'm not really interested in one of these at anywhere near $150. The last two of the bus version I've seen on ebay went for like $25 and $65 (missed out on the first one, outbid on the second). If $100+ is really representative of the value I'll probably hold off on buying one.

This isn't eBay... it's cheapskateBay and you'd do well to keep that in mind at all times. :)

I'm aware of that. But I'm not just going to give things away. Which is what I would be doing if I traded it for some ISA VGA cards...

Yeah, I'm not really interested in one of these at anywhere near $150. The last two of the bus version I've seen on ebay went for like $25 and $65 (missed out on the first one, outbid on the second). If $100+ is really representative of the value I'll probably hold off on buying one.

I agree that $150 is way too much, I wasn't suggesting that as a price, just mentioning the market value. Let's move this to PM...

Here's a Fuzzy pic...

HPIM0620 (2).jpg

Last edited:
This isn't eBay... it's cheapskateBay and you'd do well to keep that in mind at all times. :)

Ebay wasn't bad for buying old vintage stuff many years ago, now its getting rediculous.

I bought a unused green eyed mouse about 5 years ago for $50.00.

Ebay wasn't bad for buying old vintage stuff many years ago, now its getting rediculous.

It's supply and demand. These things are pushing 30 years old. This particular mouse design is pretty clunky (albeit hell-for stout), so most of them got tossed when more ergonomic designs came out, reducing supply. For some unfathomable reason, there is a demand for them, perhaps to show how much things have improved. Apparently the market will support higher prices.

I bought a unused green eyed mouse about 5 years ago for $50.00.

I'm not gonna tell what I paid for this one (I got it as a gag before I collected) at a company surplus sale in the early '90's.

For some unfathomable reason, there is a demand for them, perhaps to show how much things have improved. Apparently the market will support higher prices.
Vintage computing became trendy. Some people paid a little more than the proper asking price, other people saw these completed listings and it snowballed. At my last job we sold a lot of Apple II's and compact macs to people simply because they used the system as a kid and wanted to try using it again, not aware that they were receiving something that can be a money pit to get running, which is where we made the rest of our money.

I was just handed a Green eyed mouse looks just like the photo in your posting
MerrickD She asked me to price it and sell it if I wanted.. I don't collect Computer equipment anymore, no room lol.. let me know if you still are looking for one if not where would be the best place to sell it??

I thought this was a serial mouse? Has the green buttons and the metal roller ball. I have one connected to my 5150 serial port and it works just fine...

DB9 and DB25 are both serial. A BUS mouse connector looks a bit like a PS/2 ... only it isn't exactly the same.

Yes I realize what a bus mouse connector looks like. However, the only controller cards I have seen (MS branded) for this mouse and all pictures of the connector (including the ones referenced in this thread) have DB9 connectors. So either there is a round plugged bus version of the "Green Eye" mouse which is what the OP is looking for (unlikely based on his picture) or MS used a non "standard" DB9 bus connector for the bus version and a DB25 connector for the serial version. I had always assumed the MS controller card with the DB9 port on it was just a simple serial port card for PCs w/o the ASYNC card but now I am thinking that is the bus version . Of course there could be a third version with a round plug as well and a bus controller card. However, then why makes a DB9 AND DB25 srerial port version when a converter is so much cheaper/easier?

Last edited:
Some bus mice used the Canon connector which was used on the early Mac as well. It looks very similar to a female DB9 connector.

Disclaimer: I have never seen a bus mouse with that connector. I am going by a picture of early bus mice I saw in a historical article.

http://logistory.wikispaces.com/Logitech+Bus+Mouse has a picture of it.

Last edited:
Back