• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Apple IIe sells for a high price in New Zealand

Well, there goes my hope of acquiring an Apple II one day.. everything seems to transform into "collector's items" these days. :-(

-Tor

Nice price. The last one I sold on ebay.com.au with a colour monitor went for $80 but it didn't have any floppy drives or disks. That was a couple of years ago and I listed it as pickup only. I recently got one for free, the owner posted on another forum saying he'd throw it out if no one collected it soon, so I saved it.

Nah Tor, you'll find one :) That was an anomoly. The only ones here that reach that price are the original Apple II (not plus, not e). The rest from what I've seen are lucky to reach $150 although I suppose maybe that's slowly becoming a practical price for a complete unit since you can find all the accessories for usually $20-30.

The superdrive controller alone is going for about $250 to $400 US at the moment, those are rare. But it's still a bit expensive for the rest of the //e wrapped around it.

The superdrive controller alone is going for about $250 to $400 US at the moment, those are rare. But it's still a bit expensive for the rest of the //e wrapped around it.
Yes, but according the Apple IIe expert on our NZ forum, (see the discussion link my previous message) this was not the superdrive controller. It's the more common Liron which only works with 400/800k drives.

Which makes the price finally paid astounding!

Tez

Yes, but according the Apple IIe expert on our NZ forum, (see the discussion link my previous message) this was not the superdrive controller. It's the more common Liron which only works with 400/800k drives.

Which makes the price finally paid astounding!

Tez

I just read the description without looking at the photos, that's definitely a Liron Unidisk 3.5 controller and Unidisk 3.5, worth $150 to $250 or so right now. Definitely an overpriced //e.

Back