• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

howdy from AZ

jforb427

Hi, I just joined at the suggestion of one of the members, David....not sure what his handle is here.

I have a bunch of neat old junk, I used to play with it years ago when I would buy it at the thrift stores, swap meet, etc. That was 10-12 years ago. Mostly it's all been sitting since then, but lately I've been getting rid of stuff, and also playing with the ones I like to play with. Todays project is getting my first "hot rod XT" going again, it's a 5160 case and power supply, with an upgraded motherboard running at 400 mhz. I've also been tinkering with some original PCs, XTs, and a few ATs, clones, and PS/2s. Oh yeah, and the Kaypros....although I sold off all the luggables already.

I still have over 40 computers here. It's overwhelming at times.

Jim

edit: A little bit of my collection is on my web page, selectric.org

Last edited:
lmao.. (chips and salsa).. now *that* pun is bad ;-) ..but also saved for my background slideshow. Welcome to the forums. I think you'll fit in fine.

thanks! I found a picture of the hot rodded XT from 2000, and also took one tonight, with it torn apart while I'm working on it. It's fighting me all the way....today, after installing win95 on the old Connor 1gb drive that I bought used in 2000, it gets a windows protection fault half the time when it is almost done booting up.

5160k2frt.jpg5160k2in.jpghotrodXT2013.jpg

Back